Do any of you ladies ever hold yourself back from wearing your CLs?

But, they'll definitely get people staring at your feet more, lol. Heels can be used to spice up any casual outfit! If you've got it, flaunt it honey!

Definitely get people staring more and I never noticed stuffs like that but sometimes is too obvious.

LOL "If you've got it, flaunt it" love that line

Naked, my workplace is filled with women who have 'given up' or just don't care. There is no try, no nothing. I do wear my Louboutins off and on, depending on my mood. Some days, I enjoy the hateful and/or envious looks.

Nope. I'm known to all my friends and co-workers as the shoe girl. Doesn't matter where/when/who - if I feel like it, I wear them :biggrin: I like people checking out my shoes - I feel like they're part of who I am :shrugs:

chins, that is how I am too! I love my shoes and don't really care who likes or doesn't like them. I am always the curiousity though and people expect me to have great and unusual shoes.

I'm always afraid to wear them because mostly I like comfort and choose flats when I go running errands but I don't like to wear them to family meals and things purely because I feel over dressed in comparison and I don't want the family to ask how much they are or ask to try them on or spill something on them lol. Mainly though because I'm not confident enough to wear them in a situation where I would be the most dressed up. I also don't own many comfy ones lol. I do wear my Louboutins almost every time I am out with my boyfriend though :biggrin:

Yup I agree with the ladies who mentioned becoming "shoe girl" - eventually people will get over the fact that you wear awesome shoes and it'll be old news lol. Even before I discovered CLs, I always wore high heels to work and was always known as "shoe girl". People always made comments (some nice, some snarky) but then they get over it. The way I see it is, you gotta wear what makes you happy (unapologetically)!

I think I do hold myself back from wearing my CLs as much as I would like to. It's not just negative comments, for me, it's both the compliments and the snarky comments that make me uncomfortable. I wore my rouge patent Biancas to my high school reunion this summer, and felt so awkward because of the commentary about my shoes. And it didn't help when I wore my Gucci Imans to the next night's festivities!

And in my small group of friends here, I am usually the one in heels giving them the side eye when they want to walk several blocks when we're out and about! But I usually only wear them if I'm going out socially, so not that much. And sometimes, it will depend on where I'm going and how I'm getting there. Door-to-door ... absolutely! But those nights are few and far between for me.

I really need to adopt the carlinha-naked-melia-ashakes-kamilla-jimmy-lavender-etc attitude and philosophy of wearing them any and everywhere! Seeing all of the action shots and outfit pics posted by the lovely ladies in this sub-forum definitely inspires me to do better!

i understand op, my friends (some of them anyways) are the same way, they will eventually get over it and be used to it, i think it comes from jealousy (nothing wrong with that its natural) but nobody wants to live in a world where we all dress the same so forget about the stupid peer pressure of blending in and be yourself....HOW AFTERSCHOOL SPECIAL WAS THAT LOL?

my fiance used to constantly try to talk me out of wearing heels wherever we go,(because i wear loubies to our weekly family dinners and the rest of the fam is literally in sweatpants lol) but im happy in my choices as they are in thiers, we are all big girls here and can dress ourselves =)

I continuously struggle with this. I never wear them to work, because my co-workers are close enough to ask me how much they are and I really would die if I had to tell them. I try to wear them as much as possible on weekends though. But we haven't gone out the past few weeks, so I'm so close to just wearing them at home!

I also tend to feel really guilty/bad when I wear them with friends who are currently struggling financially. I know I'm not the cause of their situation, but it still seems pretty insensitive for me to show up in $900 shoes, when they are trying to figure out how to pay for rent.

I also tend to feel really guilty/bad when I wear them with friends who are currently struggling financially. I know I'm not the cause of their situation, but it still seems pretty insensitive for me to show up in $900 shoes, when they are trying to figure out how to pay for rent.

It's very true!! Especially I'm still a student, that I shouldn't be spending this much on, you know, "non-necessary stuff"..

I am also very, very self-aware about the loud tickling sound that heels make while you are walking, especially when down a quiet corridor in the office areas where all my professors are:s

Nevertheless I just realized how weird it is that I've got a big "stock" of heels, yet I wear flats or wedges literally everyday...

Everyone knows how uncomfortable the Lady Page is but I love them sooo much that I wore them TWICE to two events. One was a sitting one, one was..... A LOT OF walking... My feet felt numb after that... BUT i'd never hold back myself from wearing beautiful shoes :biggrin: I've passed the stage that to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable because my friends all dressed down and i'm being dressed up. Like most of the ladies here, i'll try to wear out all my shoes as much as possible (except those days i go to school hehe). Other times, like PANda said "If you've got it, flaunt it" KWIM :graucho:

carla do you ever hear anything from them for wearing heels to wherever?

of course! ALL THE TIME! but most of it is positive... usually in the theme of "oh my god, check out your shoes!" i don't dwell on it, i just say "thank you" and switch the topic and move on :smile: but it does make me feel good. i also get a lot of looks/stares from random strangers on the street, and i just strut my stuff and pray i don't fall in front of them, cuz that would be embarrassing :P

Wheather holds me back...... I'm here in Canada.

I actually wore my CL Nintoinomi boots today to the hospital. Ya, am I an b*tch or what? M dbf had to go for a tour and a consultation bc he's being admitted on Thursday for a surgery to repair his nose (he broke it many times playing sports as a child). I didn't think twice until my dbf pointed out I was the first chick ever to wear Louboutins to a hospital!