Do any of you have bags that you don't use anymore, but can't bear to part with?

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
I've got quite a few bags that I no longer use (for various reasons), but I can't bear to sell - mostly because they are early versions of designers whose bags decreased in quality over the years. I love to keep them around as a reminder of the good old days.

Some examples:

Marc Jacobs Zoe and Gym Lock Satchel - way back from the days when he still used vegetable tanned leathers and lined his bags in suede. So yummy.

Balenciaga 05 Burgundy Day (the most gorgeous, silky leather imaginable), 07 Jaune Work, 05 Blueberry

Rebecca Minkoff MABs in Blue Basketweave, White basket weave, black basket weave, and a Matinee in night blue leather (with suede trim on lining on the pockets).

Just wondering what oldies you guys have lurking in your closets that you can't bear to part with.

I don't have any high end bags that I don't use, but I have lots of just regular ones that I can't part with. Like my mouse print Le Sportsac bag, it's a cute print and all, but it doesn't go with much.

I have an ancient LV saddle bag, a Fendi mini peekaboo, a suede Bric's messenger bag, a Tory Burch tote that I may release soon.... and I guess I use my other bags. I got rid of the ones I really didn't care for.....I need to rotate more. I clearly cannot even remember what I have.

this little CHANEL BABY is one of my first chanel bags - I havent used it for over a year, but cannot see myself parting with it... I bought it as the perfect shade of pink, holds ton of stuff and looked fantastic with spring/summer outfits.

Attachments

• pinkbowler.jpg
    pinkbowler.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 540
if i don't use it anymore, i tend to keep it in the closet till i am ready to sell especially when i want to buy new bags. i want a small collection of bags/SLGs that i absolutely love and will use. granted some bags get more usage than others but i still love them all.

i sell my bags/SLGs at local websites whereby i meet up with potential customers & let them inspect the item and they pay me cash. no after sale issues cos even if they regret, it's too late cos they have inspected the items before paying me. feels good selling them away with the cash in hand :P:graucho:

I eventually talk myself into selling. I've been on TPF for about 7 years now, so the bag fervor has waned. I still love bags, but I don't feel the need to have as many as I used to and the new ones I acquire must meet certain qualifications. I'm slowly whittling away at my collection.

Then again, there are some that I think are so classic that I don't feel the need to force myself to get rid of a bag I reeeeaaally love.

I have an extremely rare Coach python minaudière that I got from my mom about 7 years ago for my high school graduation present. It was limited edition so I was really excited! As much as I love it I've only used it a few times when going out to a nice bar or club. I don't really go out to clubs anymore and when I do it's WAY too tiny to fit anything in. My iPhone barely fits and once that's in there, there's only room for a few credit cards and a tube of lipgloss. No camera or small hair brush, which are necessities of mine. The only reason I've kept it is because walking into my closet and seeing it makes me so happy. I finally manned up a few days ago and listed it on Ebay so we'll if it sells or not :smile: