Do any of you have a phobia about vomiting?

I don't like hearing other people do it (and I hate doing it) but, to me, the worst part is the part leading up to the actual vomiting and the dry heaving. Those are the worst.

I hate to throw up, but luckily I have a stomach of steel and don't throw up very often (have never puked no matter how much EtOH I have drank...)

But I'm a doctor...I've been peed/pooped/puked on a bunch of times.

LOL at the Seinfeld reference...I think I had a vomit-free streak of about 9 years at one point...

I cant believe that there are so many of us out there! It is really amazing, as I thought that I was the only one.
It doesn't get any easier for me, and I would still rather have the runs any day !!!!!!!!:okay:

When its the drunk puke, I'm embarrassed as all hell. But when its the sick flu puke, I cry for my grandma. Have no idea why, but I'm hugging the porcelain god crying for my grandma.

haha, nice to see we have an emet support group here on TPF! I'm afraid of throwing up too...if I feel nauseous, I do everything I can to calm myself down. Usually the trick that helps me is breathing fresh air and having a sip of water. I also use acupressure to press the points on my wrists to alleviate the nausea...it seems to work pretty well! I don't get motion sick, but I always feel nervous on an airplane that someone else in the vicinity would start throwing up. Guess this is why I couldn't follow in my mom's footsteps in becoming a nurse...I don't think I can handle sick people!

I wouldn't say I'm phobic about vomiting, but I do find it very disgusting and can't stand to see people do it. But if my children or DH were to(which has happened) I would definitely not have a problem helping them in the bathroom. My oldest, he's 3, has a real big problem with vomiting or anything that's unsanitary. He can't stand to see his baby brother spit up. He gets gets grossed out and feels like he himself needs to vomit and that freaks him out a bit. He can't even stand to use public restrooms, he says "Mama, that's nasty. Everyone pees in there. Ehk!"

Oh I cannot bear it, thank goodness I haven't done it often in my life but It is so repulsive to me. Also if anyone else is sick I cannot be near them or I will be ill also.
I would of course help my kids if they were sick but my stomach would churn & I would have great difficulty with it.
I would never make a nurse LOL

OK I just looked it up and it has a name Emetophobia, and there are websites that we can look out, and some offer help to overcome the phobia in 24 hours. I am not sure that I believe it though!!!!!!

For Emetophobia The treatment is to expose you to vomiting gradually (like watching tapes , etc) you will hopefully overcome it. I watched a documentary on OCD and emetophobia once.

I don't think I have it to that extreme, but I am abnormally afraid of vomit too (unless its me being sick). I actually have dreams once in a whileabout people vomitting and in my dreams I am so horrified or scared. I don't know what Im going to do when I have a family.

Oh man. I vomit A LOT so I'm pretty much used to it. A lot of things induce it.

-I get severely motion sick, so cars, plans, trains, and especially boats do me in. Pretty much anything that moves has the capacity to make me vomit.

-If I get up too early (before 7 pretty much) and try to move around too much (shower, get ready), I'll get sick.

-If I'm in the heat for too long, I'll vomit.

-My acne medication makes me vomit.

-Basically, if anything CAN make you vomit, it will make me vomit.

...it's pretty terrible, but a part of my life. :crybaby:
Wow sorry to hear. Even when you are driving, you get sick? I get kind of motion sickness if I am not driving. I also get motion sickness on planes but luckily I was prescribed Phenergen for antinausal and I haven't gotten sick once on a plane since I took that. I remembered that Dramamine and the OTC stuff didn't help me.

I hate vomiting (but who really likes it, right?! LOL)

I also can't stand seeing other people vomit...one day I was in a store and I saw this baby SPEW white mucously looking stuff all over the woman who was holding him...I almost vomited right then and there! I came so close!!

I HATE it...not really a phobia...but I do have to admit that I don't even like when babies or little kids do it....I made my husband clean up my son's puke.....I do have somewhat of a phobia of people getting sick in my car..the idea that someone could just lean over and get sick inside a small space just really unnerves me!

haha, nice to see we have an emet support group here on TPF! I'm afraid of throwing up too...if I feel nauseous, I do everything I can to calm myself down. Usually the trick that helps me is breathing fresh air and having a sip of water. I also use acupressure to press the points on my wrists to alleviate the nausea...it seems to work pretty well! I don't get motion sick, but I always feel nervous on an airplane that someone else in the vicinity would start throwing up. Guess this is why I couldn't follow in my mom's footsteps in becoming a nurse...I don't think I can handle sick people!

So true, if I EVER would have the misfortune to hear or see anyone being sick on a plane or train that would finish me off. But, taking it one step FURTHER, I recently now worry about hearing it in a public loo !!!!
In all other circumstances, I am a very kind and caring soul !!!!!!!!!! ( would just be very misfortunate if any one feeling icky was to meet me!)

I've done it and seen it plenty. I have four kids - and it seems like they don't do it as much when they get older. I do remember last year we all had this terrible terrible virus and it started out with throwing up and I remember one came to my bed in the night, stood next to me and puked....:sad:then my second came to my bed at like 4:00 a.m. and puked.....:sad:...I woke up another hour later and then I puked.....:sad:and while I was puking, my other two kids puked....:sad:. My hubby was good to help out for about 24 hours until he got sick and he puked....:sad:

EEEWWWWW!!!!!

yes!!! I do, if someone close to me becomes ill with the stomach virus, I immediately start to count down the days and fret about when I will catch it....sometimes I will literally lose sleep over it....yuck!!!