Do any of you have a phobia about vomiting?

I didn't know that this was a phobia. It's not a big deal to me, but I don't like vomiting in general. But it comes with the migraines sometimes, and I have learned to live with it!

I'm not afraid of throwing up if I'm at my house. I panic if I feel sick anywhere else.

I'm DEFINITELY terrified of other people throwing up though, and I'm especially worried that they may throw up on me. I get nervous wehen I'm in a car with people I don't know, in case they get motion sickness, and I refuse to ride on roller coasters because I'm afraid someone will puke on me.

The fact that I have OCD makes my fear even worse...when I'm in the hallways at school, I'm constantly looking around to see if I think anyone is about to throw up.

OMG, I thought I was the only person like this. I don't even know when it started. Probably when I was very young. I am soooooo terified of throwing up somewhere other than home!! I always would tell my family and friends that if I could be garenteed that I would never throw up again in my life...... I might just give up an arm for that. I know, that's sick, but it is a phobia, and I have it. Thank God, my kids don't really throw up that much, not at all since they were very little. I'm dreading that day cause I just cannot be the one in back of them in the bathroom. Hopefully I'll luck out!

i have been vomiting since I was a little girl (did an xray and could not figure out why I was vomiting almost every day when I was in Nursery and Kindergarten).. now, everytime I get a migraine or I get sick, I vomit right away, it's almost like an instinct for me so I can't say I have a phobia on it since I have been doing it for 24 yrs of my life.... more like, it's part of me.. but I brush my teeth 3-4x after I vomit.. yuck.. hehehe

Yes! And I am also releived to hear that it's not just me. When I was growing up, I would turn the TV up really loud and plug my ears whenever my brother got sick. I think I only vomited a few times as a kid, and never since! I can't even watch Fear Factor because of this phobia. It's even hard for me to watch people gag. :yucky::shame:

I don't like throwing up. I feel like it's a bad thing to be doing it. I dunno. I'm not saying it's rational, but I can sort of relate. Not to mention my back HURTS like HELL the next day after I vomit (from the stomach reflexes). I don't have a phobia to it though, I just avoid doing it at all cost.

Not a phobia really - I don't enjoy it, and I can't stand the smell!

Sometimes when I feel sick I actually wish I could throw up - my body tends to go there as an absolute last resort. I think I could count on one hand the number of occassions I've been sick since I was about 9 - seems to have been a breaking point for me.

northernbelle33 said:
I'm not afraid of throwing up if I'm at my house. I panic if I feel sick anywhere else.

I'm DEFINITELY terrified of other people throwing up though, and I'm especially worried that they may throw up on me. I get nervous wehen I'm in a car with people I don't know, in case they get motion sickness, and I refuse to ride on roller coasters because I'm afraid someone will puke on me.

The fact that I have OCD makes my fear even worse...when I'm in the hallways at school, I'm constantly looking around to see if I think anyone is about to throw up.

I am so sorry to read your reply, and also of the young lady who has been sick every day! ( Is there any medical explanation for it? and I wish you well.) Regarding OCD, that must be an incredible strain for you, can you manage to get any support for this?

my aptmate has this phobia. she hates watching people, listening, & etc. anything with puke she hates.

personally i don't have the phobia, but i don't enjoy it. i feel like i'm going to suffocate when i throw up

gosh, I am so the same. I have such a fear of being sick, and I get hysterical if I think I might be... its horrible. The thing is though, I've sat with friends when they're being sick, and it doesn't get to me as much, as I know its not me... if you get me? strange.

heinz said:
I am so sorry to read your reply, and also of the young lady who has been sick every day! ( Is there any medical explanation for it? and I wish you well.) Regarding OCD, that must be an incredible strain for you, can you manage to get any support for this?

I probably should get help for it, but I really don't want to be put on an antidepressant. I suppose I could do the therapy thing...but a part of me doesn't want to give up my obsesssions and compulsions. I try not to think about it too much. I have bad days and good days with it.