Do any of you get this attitude when you are dining with your LV??

I am a hypocrit on this. I use my Artimon for school, and I let it lay all over the place. Yet, with my wife, I bought her a purse caddy from pinkenmint, and I get upset when she does not use it. I have saved a purse or two of hers at dinner, by sacrificing my body, when a server spills beverages.
aww, good DH! :tup: lol.

I have a purse hook but don't always have it with me and will never hesitate to pull another chair over to the table. I've been razz'd about it but just blow it off.

When I fly I don't put my bag under the seat in front of me unless there is a piece of plastic on the floor. I carry a large ziplock bag when I travel.

I always get a chair for my baby! My favorite restaurant in the world, Tru (trurestaurant.com) has the most elegant velvet tuffets just for handbags.

chair.jpg

All elegant restaurants should take a clue! :yahoo:

Sometimes I wish I don't seem like a spoilt diva when I request for a chair for my bag, but I just can't bear putting it on the floor. A bag is a very personal thing to me and no way I'm setting it on the floor just to avoid some sarcastic remarks.

I guess I'm the odd man out here- I nearly always put my bags on the floor. Beacuse really, what's the worst that could happen? As long as you check for liquid, gum, or other nasty substances before sitting it down it'll be fine on the floor. Hell when my Burberry duffle got too heavy in the security line at the airport I sat it on the ground and kicked it forward everytime the line moved up. It still looks great and the sky didn't fall.

my bags get it's own chair if possible.. if not, they get to sit in my lap!!

I had gone to Wendy's with the bf today for a quick bite, and that place was FILTHY!! I checked all the chairs before sitting down and had to place 2 unfolded napkins on a chair before I set my bag down.. (sorry everyone, but it was my pink Gucci bag today). LoL.. my bf didn't even bat an eye when he saw what I did!

I was out for sushi last night with some friends and I was carrying my Azur Speedy 30. Its only a month old, so I put it in my lap. I wanted an extra chair, but the restaurant was jam packed. My bf was scared for the whole night b/c he thought I'd spill soy sauce on it. He got extra napkins for me to put it along the top of it. He got it for me, so it was sweet of him to think about how important it was to me.

Nope, wont put any of my bags on the floor, ever. They get their own chair or on my lap - dh has a fit every time, but I've investd a small fortune in my bags, I love every one of them, and they will not go on the floor :heart:

I always get a chair for my baby! My favorite restaurant in the world, Tru (trurestaurant.com) has the most elegant velvet tuffets just for handbags.

chair.jpg

All elegant restaurants should take a clue! :yahoo:

Fabulous idea! Wish the restaurants here would do this!! Or have purse hooks already attached to the table!

where were all you guys when I started a thread about being shocked when I saw a woman put her birkin on the ground in a dirty petting zoo? :lol:
I got so much crap for that! "its just a bag...blah, blah, blah...whats your problem....blah, blah, blah...children are more important than a bag...blah, blah, blah" were the common responses. I just would never put a $10,000 bag on the dirty goat pee and poopoo ground so I try not to put any of my bags on the floor even in a restaurant. :nogood:
so let the re-flaming begin....

i never put my bags on the floor either, unless there is something for them to be put on top of like a napkin or something. never directly on the floor. at restaurants, i keep a menu, if there isn't an extra chair, so i can put my purse on top of it. sometimes my sister will put her purse on the floor so i can put mine on top of it...:shame:

My bags never ever touch the floor. It's more for sanitary reasons than because it's expensive. It's so gross to think about all the bacteria that you're bringing into your house. It's like walking with your shoes in the house, another thing I'll never understand why people do.

I put my bags on the floor all the time (hides), and it drives my sister crazy. She sent me a bag hook, but the first time I used it, DH was horrified (you should have seen the look on his face!), and pleaded with me never to use it again. :P Then again, I seldom bring my bags out to public places.

Once I had my Antigua on the floor, forgot about it, and accidentally kicked it across the room! Whoops. :sweatdrop: But I'm a lot more careful with my other bags....

I never put any bag on the floor.But it's not that unusuall here.Nobody looks at you with weird expressions if you do that.After all it's disgusting.Why should you drag all the germs of the floor on your clothes?