Do all monogram speedy 25's have a "d" ring?

Baggirl82

Apr 18, 2010
I recently purchased an authentic (at least I think it is, I had it identified at faf) monogram speedy 25. However, mine does not have a "d" ring. Do all authentic mongram speedy 25's have one?

yep they should. all the 30's have a d ring, as do all the other size speedies...

the speedies are not different bags with different features, they all have the same features.

yep they should. all the 30's have a d ring, as do all the other size speedies...

the speedies are not different bags with different features, they all have the same features.

so it's pretty safe to assume I got a fake, even though the faf authenticated it, and the handles are dark? It has the pocket with the date code, etc?

so it's pretty safe to assume I got a fake, even though the faf authenticated it, and the handles are dark? It has the pocket with the date code, etc?

the only way to know for 100% sure is to buy it from a shop or to take to LV boutique and have them look at it.

if the nearest LV boutique is far or inconvenient should take crisp clear pictures of it and post it and where you got it from in the authenticate this LV thread. the ladies and gentleman are very good on the LV authentication and i trust their word.

I just checked out the Bonazle sight and there are no glaring red flags. However, I am not an expert as are Addy and Lee. I do have/had several vintage Speedys and I know not all of them do have a D-ring. It is possible that yours does not and is still authentic. When you get home post pics in the authenticate this thread for Addy who is the vintage expert to review. She might need a few other details to authenticate though such as pics of interior pocket, etc. Good luck!

Last edited: