Home & Garden DIYing my way to victory with the help of tPF!

Wow, you have a lot of ambition! Good for you; I cannot wait to see what you do with things. And wow, wow, WOW on the kitchen. :shocked: We recently had our kitchen re-done (from the studs up) and the cabinet installers mentioned that some people do put the pulls in the center of the doors. I laughed, but I didn't really BELIEVE him...

The island looks GREAT!

This weekend I did two things...

First I replaced the doorknobs on my pantry:

kitchenredo020.jpg

...with something a little more sparkly and color-appropriate:

kitchenredo019.jpg

(my camera sucks sorry)

ETA For a bit of context, the pantry is in the background of this pic: http://forum.purseblog.com/home-and...ictory-with-help-tpf-718011.html#post20467743

Secondly I painted all the cabinet doors! Which was a bit of a mare! Since each one needed three coats!

kitchenredo021.jpg

Close up... I think i managed to close up those holes from the dumba$$ hardware pretty well:

kitchenredo022.jpg

Tonight I'm going to do a final coat for some remaining doors, and I'm also going to start painting the cabinet frame.

I picked up some sample hardware too, so I might be able to do a test drive on one of the doors to ensure everything will work :smile:

ok first of all who in the world puts door knobs in the middle of the door?? how do you even open them??

I can see why you went after the cabinets first!

We recently had our kitchen re-done (from the studs up) and the cabinet installers mentioned that some people do put the pulls in the center of the doors. I laughed, but I didn't really BELIEVE him...

Right??? How nuts is that? They opened reallllly awkwardly because the whole weight/swing of the door is off. SO WEIRD.

oh where the skirting bOates new or old?? I really like them.

They're pretty aren't they. We were lucky, those were already in the house. You can tell, they renovated with whatever was lying around... some of the bits of trims are really pretty, then others I am ITCHING to rip out!

You and your dh are doing a great job. Can't wait to see how the cabinets turn out. Does the paint on the walls have a name? I love it!

Thanks hon!! The paint is Behr "Twilight Gray" 750E-2. It's really hard to get a good representation in a photo, but I think the darker photo is a pretty true one.

Great job so far!
I love all of the DIY threads and posts here. I can't wait until DH and I can start ours'.

Thanks for posting. I will be here to cheer you on.

yay coco..i'm so glad you've started this thread. i'm liking the kitchen so much more already. glad you are more relaxed about decorating now!!!!

Thanks ladies :smile: betty you really helped to calm me down and come back down to earth back in the summer! I started a notebook and everything!

I love the doorknobs. I have actually been looking for something like them all over but can't find anything here. lucky you they look stunning and great job painting you kitchen doors. I'm so jealous right now because I wanted molded doors but the guy said they wouldn't work so I had to get boring plain ones. so worth the effort they look like new ad you covered up the holes perfectly. I can't wait to see them back up and with new handles. I'm so impressed and even more happy that you are sharing this all with us. great job I can't wait to see what you do next. are you having fun?? IMO doing anything diy is so much fun and I rather do it myself. for me it's not that I can't pay someone to do it for mr but I'm so sick and tired of trades men coming and going and doing what they want when they want and not cleaning up after themselves AND touching things with dirty hands lol.

Wow. That is a tremendous amount of work. I cannot wait to see your kitchen when you are done with it! I initially started painting my kitchen (before we decided it wasn't worth the effort), and it was a nightmare, so I know what you're going through and it is not easy. But I can't tell at all where the old hardware was on your cabinets. They're going to look fantastic!

Coco, the doors look terrific! I can't wait to see them back on the cabinets. I love everything you're doing. Did you pick out the pulls for the cabinets? I can't wait to see what you chose. :smile:

the moment i saw the hardware in the middle of the kitchen cabinet doors i :lolots:

that is one i've never seen before!

i also really love that ikea piece. and the cabinets are looking really good!
at some point i plan to do the same to mine. i want them all to be white!