DIY yay or nay? What color?

What color?

• NO! Don't buy it-cracks are EVIL...

• Black (I already have a few black bags. But black is always in too)

• Navy (almost a neutral)

• Electric Blue (have a few accessories in this color)

• Beige/cream (will it get dirty too quickly?)

• Medium/dark grey (goes with everything)

• Other--I'll tell you in the comment...

Results are only viewable after voting.

xruletarusax

Dec 29, 2009
Found an old white city at a reasonable price. Haven't seen it in person yet, but from the pictures, it's pretty scuffed up and there are a few cracks on the top of the bag (by the opening not the body).

I thought it might be good for a throw-around all purpose bag if redyed.

I'm slightly concerned about the cracks. Are they bad bad bad news?

Should I proceed? What color?

Please consider how well the color will:
-match most outfits (winter and summer)
-not show too much wear
-holds up

TIA!!!

Last edited:
Have you done this before? :smile:

My first (and only) diy project was not that great. Never used that bag...
I think i would go for a darker colour, but it depends on what colour bags you already have.

Good luck ;)

Honestly, unless it is very reasonable, I wouldn't buy it to dye it. I don't think the leather looks as nice from pictures I have seen or that it would retain a good texture (too shiny). This is just my opinion, of course. It may be that I am not that talented in this area and would surely mess it up, lol. You can't go wrong with black or gray, but looks like electric blue is winning :smile:

I would pass.

Unless the leather is in great condition, it won't take the dye well and even at the best of times it's impossible to get a dye job to look perfect.

There are some good deals on great condition pre-owned Bbags at the mo so I would just hold out for something that doesn't need any drastic work.

It's too risky. The underlying quality of the leather of some Bals isn't that great. You could risk patchy color, color wearing unevenly, wearing off onto your clothes. Plus the resale value of a dyed Bal might not be that great. Agree with the others, hang out for a pre-owned in the color you want.