DIY Projects,Not Crafts Exactly,But Other Suff I have Done.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This one is a thing that bugged me endlessly as it was so annoying to use,so I got the hammer out and beat it to death!

[​IMG]

I only realised after I had smacked it with the hammer,it was plasterboard and not a sheet of wood.........so it exploded everywhere!

2. Next was just getting it all off and clearing it up....

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

Lots of mess!

5. [​IMG]

When I had finally finished clearing off the side,I had to then think about what other crap I had uncovered.The person that had knocked the cupboard together before me had hidden a multitude of crap under the bottom shelf,including carpet!!!!!!! WTF?

6. [​IMG]

I had to take out the big piece of wood in the front,it wasn't screwed in,or any way accessible...it had been nailed in with 6 inch nails,then fastened to the wall covering the nail heads..no way to get at them so it was get the saw out,cut through it and then snap the nails by waggling the wood around till they finally gave up!

The big floor to ceiling strut had to come out too,it was in a sorry state,as that had been fixed in with no way of getting at the nails,it was the same deal to get them out,saw,waggle and then finally get it out of the way!

7. I had to cut five mdf boards to size,with cut outs for the support posts,make sure they all went in level..........not easy in an old house where nothing is straight,even the walls are off and uneven!
    [​IMG]

First one

8. I used some bits of picure rail,mitred them and then used them as shelf supports that could go around the posts and create more than one point of support,just in case the shelves got filled up with lots of stuff!

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

All the shelves in except the base board that will cover all the nonsense,such as beams and a floor joist I couldn't take out.

10. With the base board in and levelled,and a few things on the shelves to kind of see how it will look...and as motivation to get it finished!

[​IMG]

11. And all finished!!! Facia planks put around the bottom shelf to shut off all the joins etc,then onto those I put some of the left over picture rail,mitered the ends,and fitted it all around the bottom,just to tidy and pretty it up...it also matched the look of the rest of the bathroom that has old archtraving and picture rails.

The shelves and back walls,after the cracks etc being treated and filled were all painted with an Antique white matt paint............that was a boring job!

12. #12 Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

Not the most professional job in the world I had to work around what was there,and not spend an enormous amount of cash. It'll do until we finally re-do the whole room,and its ultimately more useful now,as its easier to get at stuff without the side panel on.As it didn't cost a lot to do,just lots of time,it won't be a massive waste of cash when its finally taken out!

13. WOW!!!!!!!! that looks absolutely incredible!! and u certainly had ur work cut out for u....u should be so proud of urself! :yahoo:

14. Great job! Looks like it was a lot of hard work, but it definitely paid off in the end as it looks really pretty!

15. OMG look at you go!!!!! I love it, the wicker pieces look terrific in it too... love how your bathroom is decorated. Always a surprise when you destroy something but it turned out fantastic!