DIY fix - love crossbody

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys!

A while back I posted asking for some help because I had purchased the love crossbody and it came with its turn lock missing. The advice I got was to return it but the seller wouldn't take it back.

I absolutely loved the bag so I tried to find ways to fix it. I emailed RM customer arrive but got no reply. I tried to purchase a turn lock online, but couldn't find one that would fit. As I was browsing the craft section of eBay I came across these magnetic clasps for super cheap. So after a few weeks of waiting and a bit of super glue she has been repaired!!! The closure style is different now but aesthetically she still looks good to me :smile:

Just wanted to share in case any of you also have faulty turn locks. This is a good alternative :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465622581.348053.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465622603.238811.jpg

discoAMOUR and voce like this.
  2. Great job! You might even find you like the convenience of this closure better.

3. You did a great job, the closure looks very cool! However, next time you purchase an Ebay item that is not as described, you can open a Paypal case. The seller will be forced to take back the bag and return the funds to you, even if there is a "all sales are final" note in the listing.

c0rinne and discoAMOUR like this.
  4. That's so smart! the eBay seller was so dishonest, maybe you can share her name & ID in the "Beware" thread in eBay subforum.

discoAMOUR likes this.
  5. Good job! I think it makes easier to close and open than the turn lock version. I found sometimes I would insert into a wrong slot.

6. Thanks everyone!!!! It is definitely easier to open and close now

When the seller said no returns I just took her word for it, so naive... I think I've definitely learnt my lesson for next time haha.

7. Hi cookiel001, do you have a picture of what how the closure look with the new clasps? I might have to do it to mine and would like some close up pics of yours . Thanks.