DIY Felt Liner for Lily

Nov 25, 2013
My Lily can look pretty squishy when she is being worn cross body and it can cause the top to crease. I looked at Samorga liners but they didn't have a specific one for the lily so I decided to make my own.

Cue Blue Peter moment!

Apologies for the rubbish pictures. I wasn't feeling very well last night and decided to attempt this whilst I was in bed.

I bought two 12" squares of sticky back felt. I used Teddy Brown, It cost £3.58 from eBay.

I used an old shoe box and measured out the bags dimensions. I then cut the shapes out and backed them individually.

Then I laid all the pieces out in place on the other sheet (this was the only tricky bit.

Then I lifted all the pieces together and folded over the edges. To be fair it was a complete fluke that it worked the way it did. It was so difficult to get in the bag and I had to really squish the liner but now its in my Lily looks great. I have the dimensions I used and the eBay seller if anyone wants to try it.

Attachments

• IMAG0901.jpg
    IMAG0901.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 868
  • IMAG0902.jpg
    IMAG0902.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 878
  • IMAG0904.jpg
    IMAG0904.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 875
  • IMAG0905.jpg
    IMAG0905.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 873
  • IMAG0906.jpg
    IMAG0906.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 872
  • IMAG0907.jpg
    IMAG0907.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 900
  • IMAG0908.jpg
    IMAG0908.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 874
My Lily can look pretty squishy......... I had to really squish the liner but now its in my Lily looks great. I have the dimensions I used and the eBay seller if anyone wants to try it.

Wow I am seriously impressed!!! It looks great!!! And much cheaper than the special order samorga liner I paid for yesterday (I sent Lee measurements for what I needed for my lily)

Thanks guys I looked at the Samorga liner but didn't really want to spend that much not knowing how squishy it was. I like my bags very structured. So decided to try and create something.

I'm so pleased with it. Might make one for my SDR.

What a splendid idea and the bonus of a diy project is that you get to choose your desired colors! Bravo! I'm usually clumsy with craft though, not sure whether I can do it up as pretty as yours.

Fantastic, great job , very professionally done, looks great. It's also made a huge difference to your squishy Lily :tup:

I have two Lily's and a small Chanel and was thinking of doing a similar thing. I bought quite a bit of thick felt quite awhile ago but still haven't got around to doing it. I had planned on sewing one for all three but this looks a much quicker fix ;)

I have several Samorga liners but like you thought it was a lot to pay especially as I didn't want any pockets and they are tiny.

I would love the dimensions you used, you have definitely inspired me to get it done :biggrin:

What a fab DIY job, GP! :smile: You should go into production for those of us who are less nimble-fingered! ;) I'd certainly like the dimensions and name of the eBay seller who has the felt, btw? Many thanks!