DIY dye project finally complete!!

Yes! I used a paint brush, makeup sponge and tiny detail paint brush! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404327799.754965.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404327819.208124.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404327871.993359.jpg
I was going to use an airbrush system to even it out, but Tarrago seems too thick for it to spray properly....

I can see it!
Does the purple show through at all? It is dry yet? What does it feel like? I think I would go all out and do the whole thing gold, but it's a matter of personal preference.
How would you dye the cloth on the zip? I dye clothes but it requires soaking them and many washes.

I can see it!
Does the purple show through at all? It is dry yet? What does it feel like? I think I would go all out and do the whole thing gold, but it's a matter of personal preference.
How would you dye the cloth on the zip? I dye clothes but it requires soaking them and many washes.

Yay!! Glad you could see it 😋 That's the thing that scared me about painting the zippers.... If it turned out all crusty and funky looking I would be horrified! I ended up doing 3 coats (no purple showing through) and the leather feels amazing! It still has the smoosh left in it!!! The only thing that got hard was the poor tassels, but I can live with that. I was initially going to leave the whip stitching purple too, but I'm kinda glad I didn't!

Yay!! Glad you could see it 😋 That's the thing that scared me about painting the zippers.... If it turned out all crusty and funky looking I would be horrified! I ended up doing 3 coats (no purple showing through) and the leather feels amazing! It still has the smoosh left in it!!! The only thing that got hard was the poor tassels, but I can live with that. I was initially going to leave the whip stitching purple too, but I'm kinda glad I didn't!

Yeah, idk what they are made of (zippers). Poly fabric will need a certain type of dye as would cotton, they are different as far as how you would dye it. It's good to hear that the leather still feels soft, I have heard good things about that Tarrago product! Enjoy your "new" metallic bag!