Arts & Crafts DIY Christmas Gifts?

Every year I say I am going to knit gifts for everyone. And every year I realize how slow I actually knit and need to be working on gifts year round. I will learn one day!

I make a lot of different things for people, mainly to save money, and to give people a chance to see what I make, bc I also sell it at a booth, & some craft shows! Lol, kinda hoping they like it, & will come by to see what else I make, Hahaa! A few things are Snow globes I make w Mason or any kind of cool or fun jars, fake snow, mica, or glitter, & figures that ud use in a Christmas Village, they sell em the dollar stores! Some I leave the lid, some I can fit a glass votive holder in the top of the jar! Ornaments that I make, & im trying a new gift I saw online where u use a Mason jar as a drinking glass, put a can of soda or juice inside, and tie a nip of whatever that'd go with whatever can u put, and put a cute or festive drinking straw with it. I think it's a cute, fun gift that isn't expensive, but everyone would like, & more likely than not, actually USE! Lol! I also make a sugar scrub for my best friend, I made it one yr a while back when times were really hard, & all I had to spare was what I could make in my home, so I made a bunch of natural sugar scrubs w brown & white sugar, baking cocoa, a drop or two of vanilla, & grapeseed oil.. Just a tiny bit... Lol, she said it smelled good enough to eat, and did actually taste it when I told her, technically, it was edible!

I'd love to hear of more ideas that people make for gifts! I never know, people all have such different taste!

I started making homemade vanilla extract in June with 8 ounces of vodka and vanilla beans. I figured out that won't be enough so about a month ago I added double the amount of vanilla beans to my first bottle and started a second boottle with about 10 ounces. There are a ton of recipes on the internet but I liked the pictures from this one: http://www.daringgourmet.com/2015/12/06/make-best-homemade-vanilla-extract/

She does use more vanilla beans than I do but that's okay. My June batch is very dark, the one I started later will catch up. The hardest things for me has been remembering to shake the bottles. I finally put a note on my front door so I shake the bottles at least once a day. I'm thinking I will give away as gifts about ten 1 ounce bottles (found some cute bottles at Joannes) and then keep whatever I don't give away. I don't bake much but love the smell of vanilla.

I have a number of Christmas parties I have to go to and last year started making DIY Gin as a host gift. It's super affordable and easy to make but most people don't realize that. I follow this recipe pretty closely from Serious Eats.