Divorced Women: What did you do with your wedding dress?

if i had my wedding dress, i'd burn it.
instead i threw away all the wedding momentos and pictures down the chute. engagement ring and wedding band that i wore for 13 years i gave back to him. i wanted to throw the rings but decided to let him deal with it.

I donated. Our local humane society runs a thrift shop and all of the profits go to the shelter. I donate alot of stuff there. I always call and ask them to open the back door for me though. If I go through the actual store, I end up leaving with as much as brought in sometimes! They are very particular in what they put out. They like my stuff; I'm flattered, LOL.
As far as my wedding pix and such, I kept them. My ex-husband and I are very cool with each. He bought me a pair of Frye boots recently. We still call each other on our wedding anniversary day. Who knows, we may take another swing at it if we're both still alive in 25 years, just to keep each other out of nursing homes.

My dear sister in law was killed in car accident 2 years after she married my brother:nogood:. She had a beautiful gown. I'm in the painstaking process of making two embellished whitework quilts from her gown, one for her sister and one for her mother. I have some skills at machine quilting but I will tell you, this wedding gown is a lot of work.

I donated. Our local humane society runs a thrift shop and all of the profits go to the shelter. I donate alot of stuff there. I always call and ask them to open the back door for me though. If I go through the actual store, I end up leaving with as much as brought in sometimes! They are very particular in what they put out. They like my stuff; I'm flattered, LOL.
As far as my wedding pix and such, I kept them. My ex-husband and I are very cool with each. He bought me a pair of Frye boots recently. We still call each other on our wedding anniversary day. Who knows, we may take another swing at it if we're both still alive in 25 years, just to keep each other out of nursing homes.

My dear sister in law was killed in car accident 2 years after she married my brother:nogood:. She had a beautiful gown. I'm in the painstaking process of making two embellished whitework quilts from her gown, one for her sister and one for her mother. I have some skills at machine quilting but I will tell you, this wedding gown is a lot of work.

That is very sweet of you.

Donate it. Even if it is non traditional there are plenty of nonprofits that will take it. You could donate it to one for abused women, one for girls looking for prom dresses (unless it is too sexy, outdated etc), or anything similar. I'm sure there are many women who would absolutely love it!