Divorced Women: What did you do with your wedding dress?

It's a very good and interesting question :yes: I am sure it affects many women and women who have had to cancel plans too.

Personally, I would not want to keep it.

I think it would be great if you gave it to good-will/charity. Besides those very cheap imports that seem to be made from lining material. Lots of women could not hope to afford an average priced wedding dress. .

I'd sell or donate. I think I would love the idea that something that you might have a negative association with might turn into something thrilling and positive for someone with less resources.

A friend was just starting out in the bridal dressing business and wanted a few gowns to rent to brides who couldn't afford to buy their own. I gave my dress to her.

It's been cleaned and in my mom's house, safe in its storage box. Out of sight, out of mind. Although I know sometime down the line I'll have to deal with it.

Unless you have a designer dress that has a good resale market I would just toss it out. These kinds of emotionally laid items are best dealt with in the simplest ways IMO.

Sell it for money on ebay. Sell it for less money on local ad sites. Donate it to a good cause (would womans shelter accept it?). Pass it on to a distant friend. Create a new dress out of it. Make craft art out of it. Make curtains :smile: