Disturbed by how LV shipped my new bag

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
I ordered a pastel Onthego on Tuesday from the LV website and was so thrilled when I got a notification the bag would arrive the next day (I did not pay for overnight shipping). I was shocked when UPS arrived at my door with my bag in an LV box, all taped up and the shipping label stuck right to it. I am pretty sure I probably got a return and the bag was shipped straight from a boutique rather than a warehouse. I have NEVER seen a purse (or any item) shipped like this and was so disappointed by it. That is just asking to be stolen, with huge LV lettering written on the box. I had a mini heart attack when I saw the corner of the box was wet and slightly torn. I also was forced to tear the box when I removed the tape to get to the bag (which luckily was unharmed and in perfect condition).

Do we think LV will give me another box? I had to throw it away because it was torn and also had some water damage in the corner. Should I write to their customer service? I'm thankful the bag arrived safely but would like to have a safe place for storage. Thanks for any opinions :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
OMG WTF?!!!! Your bag could have been stolen. That is completely unacceptable!! WOW. I'm in complete shock. :eek::wtf::whut:

LV will tell you that bags should not be stored in the boxes, just the dustbags. So when making the request I would leave that part out. Are you close to a boutique? It seems doubtful that customer service will ship you a replacement box, but the store would probably give you one. Regardless you should still complain to customer service. I just cannot believe a CA would ship someone's 2k+ bag like that.

Whoa!!! That's awful!! I've never seen a luxury store ship anything like that. Was there even any extra packaging inside the box to protect the your bag and the dust bag?

Besides the damaged corner though, the box looks relatively clean (considering it went through the postal system). There's a possibility that there was originally an outer box that got damaged, and the post office just taped up this inside box so that its contents wouldn't fall out. I've seen that happen before...

Regardless of what happened though, I'm sorry you're out a box!! I would definitely complain to customer service.

I am in complete shock and appalled of the idea of how that even happened. :eek:

Hey if this bag wasn’t so hard to come by, I would’ve shipped it right back to them the way I had gotten it!!!! But then I would’ve thought of my drastic decision and just brought it to one of their stores (if open) to show them exactly how you received it. Yes, if sent out the same way, this bag would more than like get stolen.

I would definitely write to corporate and show them an image of how you received your luxury bag.

Oh, and I’m sure they’ll have no problem sending you a box.

Ooof, this is the worse shipping packaging (none) I have seen.
Whoever (whether warehouse or store) shipped it is very, very lucky your package didn't get stolen...
Even if it was a store that didn't have shipping boxes, places like UPS can easily provide boxes. This is no excuse.

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate
It must be a mistake. A big mistake.
They put so much efford in packaging (I even got some parfume samples with lovely handwritten notes* plus orange box with the blue ribbons IN in neutral packaging.
Call them, this is not common.

(*this is why I love buying LV online but that is another story)

Reactions: MJDaisy
Whoa!!! That's awful!! I've never seen a luxury store ship anything like that. Was there even any extra packaging inside the box to protect the your bag and the dust bag?

Besides the damaged corner though, the box looks relatively clean (considering it went through the postal system). There's a possibility that there was originally an outer box that got damaged, and the post office just taped up this inside box so that its contents wouldn't fall out. I've seen that happen before...

Regardless of what happened though, I'm sorry you're out a box!! I would definitely complain to customer service.

I think this was how it was originally packaged and not repackaged by UPS---ridiculous! I sent an email so we will see what they say!

It must be a mistake. A big mistake.
They put so much efford in packaging (I even got some parfume samples with lovely handwritten notes* plus orange box with the blue ribbons IN in neutral packaging.
Call them, this is not common.

(*this is why I love buying LV online but that is another story)
That sounds so lovely! I have never purchased online since I live close to a few LV stores...this was my first online purchase. I know this can't be the norm though lol!! I sent customer service an email so we will see what they say.

Reactions: Sferics
They should be able to provide you with a replacement box at your request. I never received a big box when I purchased my tote years ago, because that store said they were out...but SA said I could request one at the stores in my home city. I never followed up, but it seems to be a common service. Keep receipts and of course, your photos to explain why.

As to why it was shipping like that...what a mystery! Glad it wasn't stolen, and I hope the bag is in great condition otherwise

I hope u took some photos to show how this bag was received....this is a first i've seen anything like this. Sorry u were "traumatized" !!!