District 9

Cedes

tori
Apr 10, 2006
I did 3 searches and couldn't find this movie having a thread of its own so I'm starting one..

I saw this today and I thought it was fantastic! Very intense, but not without humorous and sweet moments as well. I would love to see a sequel to wrap up some things. I loved it.

Anyone else? There are a ton of movies that came out this week that I want to see, but this topped the list.

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering - a lot of reviews are calling this "documentary style" and parts of it are but the whole thing isn't. Cloverfield made me sick with all of the camera motion, but this one was very watchable.

Im going to see it this weekend! I'm so excited to see a good movie after the ridiculousness that was GI Joe.
Plus im glad the camara motion is not like Cloverfield, where I had to run out of the cinema after half an hour and straight to the bathroom :sad:

I'd say that maybe 1/3 of the movie has jerky camera movements.. but nothing at ALL like Cloverfield, Blair Witch, etc. It's great, I hope you enjoy it!

I was going to see it tonight with my brother but we ended up being too tired at the end of the day to see it. So we're seeing it tomorrow! I'm excited!

I kind of want to see this, but I am worried that the mistreatment of aliens will get me all sad.........did you think it was hard to watch at all for those reasons?

i...didn't really like it. the plot was extremely predictable. i did like how it was shot faux documentary style. even though it did a good job showing the cruel aspects of human nature and it did make you think, the storyline rang a bit hollow like you were watching a film you vaguely remember seeing before. you can tell they're setting it up for a sequel too as the ending was left very open ended.

i...didn't really like it. the plot was extremely predictable. i did like how it was shot faux documentary style. even though it did a good job showing the cruel aspects of human nature and it did make you think, the storyline rang a bit hollow like you were watching a film you vaguely remember seeing before. you can tell they're setting it up for a sequel too as the ending was left very open ended.

ditto..went to see it last night. did not like it much at all. didnt hate it, but thats not saying much. The plot is very cliche. i do not recommend it.