Distracting ad on bottom of screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthrosphere

Hiya!
Apr 16, 2012
I see this ebay ad on the bottom of the screen every time i visit a bag subforum. It would constantly move up and down and it is so distracting. I am browsing on mobile. Is there anyway to make the ad stay minimized? Thanks.

3F877642-A1A0-4761-99E4-ECA61E0FD532.jpeg

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I see this ebay ad on the bottom of the screen every time i visit a bag subforum. It would constantly move up and down and it is so distracting. I am browsing on mobile. Is there anyway to make the ad stay minimized? Thanks.

View attachment 5143621

Is this the ad that adheres to the bottom of the browser window? That one should not be showing up once you sign into the forum account.

Is this the ad that adheres to the bottom of the browser window? That one should not be showing up once you sign into the forum account.
No, I think what @anthrosphere means is the advertisement for eBay - or at least I've only seen the ads pop up for them. I have only really noticed them in the AT threads when someone has posted a link to an eBay auction. As you scroll over the post, this little pop-up ad shows up at the bottom of the page linking the eBay listing. It may or may not also happen with links to other website, I dunno. I took a screenshot below. Mine is from an iPad but it looks like it shows up much larger on a phone screen.

IMG_0567.jpg

Yes the ad also appears when I am logged in. Like V0N posted, it usually appears in either the shopping or auth forums when there is an ebay link present.

It starts off minimized but you can see the gray arrow on the bottom of the screen, then as you scroll down, the ad would rise up showing a listing based on the link posted on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.