Distance Sale

Hi! I am trying to order a Goyard bag via distance sale from the SF Boutique and they said they can ship to me but there’s a premium around 8%. Is this the same for all US locations? TIA
Honestly that sounds a bit odd. I’ve ordered from the SF store and this has never been mentioned. The only “fee” has always been the shipping. Unless policies have changed very recently (since the last time I ordered), I would diplomatically “re-inquire”.

Reactions: ahswong
Is the Long distance sale safe and to use ? We here ind Danmark have not the Goyard store and i have write to them and they gave me a fine offer. I write back that i want to buy á Black Saint Louis and so have i not hear more.
I have try it Two times and i Think it is Strange.
Is it okay and is it just to write and write and hope ?

Hi! I am trying to order a Goyard bag via distance sale from the SF Boutique and they said they can ship to me but there’s a premium around 8%. Is this the same for all US locations? TIA
I had just purchased something via distance sale in US in February and it was the standard tax + $30 shipping.

And now I just completed a purchase today (5/3/23) for another item and indeed their process as changed.
Instead of tax, it is a 'premium' of ~8.5% (unsure if this is based on local tax? or a set %)
AND the real doozy here is the $60 ground shipping.

I'm none too pleased about it. But I completed the purchase.
Something for everyone to consider the next time. I certainly will.

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

I had just purchased something via distance sale in US in February and it was the standard tax + $30 shipping.

And now I just completed a purchase today (5/3/23) for another item and indeed their process as changed.
Instead of tax, it is a 'premium' of ~8.5% (unsure if this is based on local tax? or a set %)

May I ask if you purchase from a standalone boutique or department stores (BG/NM)?

Wow... things really HAVE changed. I made my 1st purchase with Goyard via Distance Sale back in November 2020 with the NYC boutique (the Maison, not BG). Granted, it was during the pandemic so everything was different back then... but I didn't know that being a brand new customer. The only fee I paid was $30 in shipping... sales tax was waived. Last I heard was that they charged the customer's local sales tax - it's 6% where I live - plus $30 shipping.

With $60 in shipping plus this premium %, I think I'll save all of my Goyard purchases for whenever I visit NYC - which is usually once a year. I've visiting the Maison in person twice since my initial purchase, on Saturday mornings; there was no wait to go inside, and they already had me listed in their system because of the Distance Sale.

Did you not have to pay sales tax since you are in a state with no Goyard? I wonder what the process is if you are in a state with a Goyard, whether the premium applies on top of sales tax.

May I ask if you purchase from a standalone boutique or department stores (BG/NM)?
This transaction was from a boutique inside NM.
I don't think that makes a difference though.

Perhaps the premium % could be related to local tax.
So if anyone is shipping it to somewhere else, would be interested to know if that % fluctuates.

I always thought even the $30 shipping was silly as these are pricy purchases as is and shipping should be part of the service.
But that $60 now... I know it's only a fraction of the total money being spent but it sits odd with me. Oof

All in all, buying in-person may be the best option at this point.

Reactions: earthygirl
Did you not have to pay sales tax since you are in a state with no Goyard? I wonder what the process is if you are in a state with a Goyard, whether the premium applies on top of sales tax.
I am in a state with one so that 8.5% could be based on the state.
I had mentioned that this premium felt like a line item there instead of tax. But unclear if they are keeping it at a flat % or if it's supposed to reflect state tax. People would have to chime in more with their distance sale experiences to see this play out.

Reactions: sammix3
Today I made a distance purchase via my nyc standalone boutique and was charged the local sales tax 8.875% plus $60 shipping. (I live right outside nyc.) The last time I purchased in fall 2022 shipping was $30 plus the local sales tax.

Reactions: sammix3