Disposable razors should come with a warning label!

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
**Warning, may cut off part of foot when dropped in the shower**

LOL, jeeeez! I just got out of the shower and it looks like someone got murdered in there :s

I am taking the kids to the pool this afternoon so I decided to do a wet shave to get rid of the razors we bought during our vacation to Austria rather than with my remington lady shaver...BIG MISTAKE! The thing slipped out of my hand (hands were soapy) and I dropped it on my foot! OUCH!! Those razors are sharp :wtf: I've got a hole on the top of my foot now, lol. I never knew your foot could bleed so much!

ZOMG! OW! lol. I'm sorry! I've gotten pretty skilled since I've started shaving, and don't cut myself, but when I was younger, I butchered my ankle a few times! Took skin and all right off of the heel, or the side OUCH!!! :lol: That's why you should never, EVER, used disposables, unless you are in a desperate situation! :yes:

it finally stopped bleeding (after 3 bandaids and 4 tissues!) and it doesn't actually looks to bad.. My foot is pretty tan, so it just looks like a white circle on the top of it, lol.

I normally don't use disposables, but my legs were not going to see the light of day in the situation they were in when we went to Austria (I forgot my razor at home, LOL). We ended up buying a 20 pack and still have some left so I figured I'd use them. MISTAKE!! My legs are nice and smooth though :biggrin:

I know exactly what you mean. When I was a teen, I bought a pack of ladies' disposable razors. I ended up taking a huge section of skin off of my shin! The chunk of skin was actually stuck in the razor! I bled like a stuck pig. The weather was so hot that summer, but I felt like wearing pants, because the big, nasty scab on my leg was so embarrassing.

ita, LOL I have cut myself a few times.. but not took off a chunk of skin. eww that must have hurt.
I rather use Venus Embrace because only the blades are disposable not the handle, and it has a really good grip :smile:

My bandaid didn't hold too long while we were in the pool, but thankfully it looked pretty okay to keep a bandaid off of it. There's a salt-water pool where we go to, but I had to get right out as soon as I put my foot in, it just burned too much!

Now that part of my foot itches and I can't scratch it!! LOL

Ow! That sucks!

The feet and ankles bleed a lot because of pressure from gravity and your circulatory system. If it happens again, keeping your foot elevated above your heart will make it stop bleeding very quickly, and a scab will form much faster. I learned this from experience- I accidentally stepped hard on an upside down stilletto and took a 2 inch chunk off of the heel of my left foot. :Push: Thankfully, it was sort of like a flap, so I was able to just heal from the inside out.

Ew! At least you're ok though!
I've got at least 2 tiny scars on my ankles from disposable razors, I only use them when I'm out of blades for my Venus.

Demosthenes- OMG that sounds SO painful, stepping on a stiletto like that. :wtf:

I know exactly what you mean. When I was a teen, I bought a pack of ladies' disposable razors. I ended up taking a huge section of skin off of my shin! The chunk of skin was actually stuck in the razor! I bled like a stuck pig. The weather was so hot that summer, but I felt like wearing pants, because the big, nasty scab on my leg was so embarrassing.

Me Too! Huge chunk right under my knee. almost 20 years later I still have a nasty scar there.

Same thing happened to me, except I always use disposable razors...On the top of my left foot there's a circular cut about 3mm in diameter and its pretty deep, so it's definitely going to leave a scar!

When I was a younger I used to somehow cut my knee once in a while shaving but it wouldn't hurt at all. I'd look down and realize my leg was covered in blood, it was crazy coming from such a tiny cut.

Eek! I've definitely been there, and it is NOT fun!

A co-worker of mine came into my office one morning and told me that she was bending down in the shower shaving her legs with her very large boobs pressed against them. Well, I guess she slipped (never did fully understand what happened) and cut her boob with the razor! The thing is that she didn't even notice because it was so deep and took awhile to start bleeding. She wrapped the towel around her when she got out of the shower and was walking around the bathroom and bedroom. Her DH freaked out because he saw blood coming out of her chest area! Needless to say, it took quite awhile to stop the bleeding.

I guess they should also come with warnings to keep them away from your boobies! :lol: