Display item question

I've bought display items before I don't mind as long it's in good condition (only if it the last one) the thing about agenda's I've noticed is the depending on how it's kept the patina can be uneven. I have the MC and when not in use leave it face up I've noticed that the vachetta on the back of the agenda is not as dark as the front, it's not a huge difference but there is still a difference anyway back to my point...I think you where right not to get it already turning but you should consider it different shade vachetta will bother you in the future too

I don't think that you're being too picky. I would prefer one that wasn't on display and has not been touched by who knows how many people.

Definitely call another boutique, or even just talk to a different SA.

I don't think she's being pushy or trying to make a sale. LV generally does NOT order their stock like most businesses (or this is what my SA said). Whatever is sold is deducted from the inventory from the computer and it's up to the main head office to decide how much and when the new stock will be sent to this store. Thus the SAs generally don't know exactly when or how much of item X they'll receive for the next shipment. The only thing they can control is if you do a charge-send, transfer, or directly order item X from France if it's completely sold out in your country (excluding LEs).

I personally don't care if the item is on display or not. Sometimes if there is a choice, I will purposely choose the one on display for my reasons. However, if you wanna wait, then it's up to you.

I am glad you did not buy the display one because if you decided that you did not like it or wanted to return it for some reason, they will not accept the return because the patina has started to turn, even though you bought it that way! Their excuse to you would be that you should have inspected it first before you bought it because now it cannot be resold.

I had actually purchased a display MC Speedy 30 back when they were hard to find and the display was the only one left. It had a patinaed a bit but I was too impatient to wait for a fresh one. After I got it home, I noticed a dark smudge on the vachetta and it would not come off. The very next day, I went to LV and they REFUSED to return it because they said it was used and it had patinaed. Bottom line, is I will never buy a display item because apparently, if you decide you don't like it or if there is a flaw on it, LV won't return it. So, I was stuck with a very expensive bag that had a mark on it that irritated me every single time I looked at it :sad:

Glad you waited for a new one, for all that money you have a right to get an agenda you will love. I would not have bought it if it already had noticeable patina either.

I am glad you are waited to purchase a new one ... all the SA has to do is check with the warehouse (which is in Sydney) when they will get new stock of it as they allocate the stock based on demand..also Sydney usually receive their new stock allocations on Tuesdays;)