Travel Disneyland Hotels, need recs!

Sep 7, 2006
Hi all! My bf is coming to visit me from the UK this March and Disneyland is a definite on our agenda. However, looking at reviews on tripadvisor.com, I looked the negative reviews for most of them and the negatives were downright scary! We need something GOOD but not too uber pricey. The Grand Californian is a tad too pricey, so we need anything a little bit below that price range.

I'd truly appreciate any suggestions! Thanks :biggrin:

Hi all! My bf is coming to visit me from the UK this March and Disneyland is a definite on our agenda. However, looking at reviews on tripadvisor.com, I looked the negative reviews for most of them and the negatives were downright scary! We need something GOOD but not too uber pricey. The Grand Californian is a tad too pricey, so we need anything a little bit below that price range.

I'd truly appreciate any suggestions! Thanks :biggrin:

Disneyland is truly one of my favorite places - I try and make it anytime I'm in SoCal... One of my fav hotels to stay at is the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel, it's theme is like a castle and the grounds are very pretty - I've always had good service here as well (they also have a complimentary shuttle to Disneyland Property). I think that rooms vary from about $120-250/night, so more reasonable than the Grand Californian, but it doesn't sit 'on-site' either. Hope that helps give you an option.:yes: Have Fun!

When you eventually can though, definitely stay at the Grand Californian and request the park view or the Downtown Disney view...it's fun!

I stayed at the Anaheim Hilton though last time since we had our Hilton Honors points to use...you can either get daily passes (like $8 per person for all day access back and forth) and catch the Anaheim shuttle outside the hotel or get a cab to Disneyland for a little less. It's a nice hotel since they redid it, they have a Starbucks in the lobby, etc. Prices are about $179-$230 depending on the extras (view, etc.).

The Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier are both also nice, right on the Disney property so you don't have to worry about transportation to the park and can stay at Downtown Disney for as long as you like. They may have some better deals going on right now, it was pretty dead when we went to Disneyland last time and even more so because it was raining.

Also, as for some of the site reviews...I've stayed in quite a few hotels that people had terrible comments about and never had any problems like they did. Not sure why, maybe I'm just lucky lol.

Last edited:
I've only stayed in the Grand Californian.....it was awesome! We'd run down to Downtown Disney all the time, and we loved having our own entrance into California Adventure.

If I had to go lower priced, I'd probably stay across the street where are the chain hotels are and just catch a shuttle to the park.

Thanks for all these suggestions! :smile: There are MANY hotels in the area, but as I said I looked at the negative reviews for all for some reason, and it turns out there are negative reviews even about the Grand Californian and the Paradise Pier, which I know are pretty good anyway! Makes you wonder even if it's even competitors who post these...? Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming, we're looking at all the ones you've suggested!

Have you looked into the Hotel Menage? I stayed there last September with my dh and we loved it! It was trendy, cheap ($89/night), 3*, the pool area was awesome, the service was great, the bar was nice... I loved it!

www.hotelmenage.com

Edited to add: We thought it was great too because with it not being a Disney hotel it was a nice break from the craziness of Disneyland and it felt like a more grown up place to be. It's down the street from Disneyland so during the day we'd leave the park to go for a dip in the pool and a drink (the mango mojitos were amazing!). We actually watched the Disneyland fireworks from the seats in the pool because the view there was just as good as seeing them from the park. Another couple there said they thought the view was even better. Across the street was a Starbucks, gas station and a Taco Bell. The Anaheim Garden Walk was within walking distance.

Here are some pics.

Not the best, but this is the view of the fireworks:
356.jpg:

Pool:
301.jpg

299.jpg

291.jpg

Lobby area:
293.jpg

Hotel Bar & Restaurant, K'ya:
294.jpg

295.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all these suggestions! :smile: There are MANY hotels in the area, but as I said I looked at the negative reviews for all for some reason, and it turns out there are negative reviews even about the Grand Californian and the Paradise Pier, which I know are pretty good anyway! Makes you wonder even if it's even competitors who post these...? Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming, we're looking at all the ones you've suggested!

I think that everyone has different expectations. I would just look at what the majority says and go with that.

Have you looked into the Hotel Menage? I stayed there last September with my dh and we loved it! It was trendy, cheap ($89/night), 3*, the pool area was awesome, the service was great, the bar was nice... I loved it!

www.hotelmenage.com

Edited to add: We thought it was great too because with it not being a Disney hotel it was a nice break from the craziness of Disneyland and it felt like a more grown up place to be. It's down the street from Disneyland so during the day we'd leave the park to go for a dip in the pool and a drink (the mango mojitos were amazing!). We actually watched the Disneyland fireworks from the seats in the pool because the view there was just as good as seeing them from the park. Another couple there said they thought the view was even better. Across the street was a Starbucks, gas station and a Taco Bell. The Anaheim Garden Walk was within walking distance.

Here are some pics.

Not the best, but this is the view of the fireworks:

You know, I showed my boyfriend this and he immedietly fell in love with it! He likes the idea of it being not entirely "on" the Disney area but yet close enough. He booked it as soon as I showed it to him, thanks a lot! The pool bar is what also did it for him, I think :biggrin: I also like the tropical ambience... Quick question - how far exactly is it from Disney and is there a shuttle that goes there?

I'm glad I could help! We booked as soon as we saw the pictures on the website... I love how it's more of a boutique hotel rather than the typical Disney area hotel. I'm sure you'll love it!

It's just down the street from Disneyland... it took us about 10 minutes each way to walk there. We didn't take the shuttle ever but there is one that drops you off right in front of the hotel.

Have fun!!

Hi, We have gone to Florida for years and always rent a condo instead of staying at a hotel. More room and better value for the money. For the past 2 years stayed at Windsor Palms. Beautiful. Go to www.vrbo.com vacation rental by owner - there are tons of great condo/resorts there. Have fun:jammin::jammin: