Dismal inventory and now the luck of the draw

ms007

For Love of Hermes
O.G.
May 17, 2009
Well we all know that the inventory in H stores has been nil the last few months and with all the luxury brands getting inventory for spring and summer
H is still trying to catch up from last season. Now to pour salt on the wounds and because inventory is gonna remain trickling in, H stores will be implementing a lottery system amongst the SA for popular items (but what isn't popular at H) in order to sell to clients. So I guess for instance if an exotic CDC comes in the SAs will draw numbers and whoever wins gets to sell it. I see how this will make it fair to all the SAs but now it is just gonna make getting items even harder. My DH is soooooo happy for his bank account:P. Me not so much...oh well, patience is a virtue, it has to be with H.

Wow... So it's also our draw of luck who we choose as our SA too! It's going to be interesting shopping at Hermes from now on...

I think this is just bizarre. The stores I use do not run on individual commission sales basis, so long as the store hits their target, they all get their bonus, so there is no fighting over goods.

but what if one SA's client only wants neutral CDC's and another SA's client wants bright exotic CDC's... wouldn't they want to make the client happy who wants the particular item? if that makes sense. instead of giving the items to SA's.. I would hope they would give the inventory to the client who wants it specifically the most?

Well we all know that the inventory in H stores has been nil the last few months and with all the luxury brands getting inventory for spring and summer
H is still trying to catch up from last season. Now to pour salt on the wounds and because inventory is gonna remain trickling in, H stores will be implementing a lottery system amongst the SA for popular items (but what isn't popular at H) in order to sell to clients. So I guess for instance if an exotic CDC comes in the SAs will draw numbers and whoever wins gets to sell it. I see how this will make it fair to all the SAs but now it is just gonna make getting items even harder. My DH is soooooo happy for his bank account:P. Me not so much...oh well, patience is a virtue, it has to be with H.

WHAT!!!!!!! :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::mad::censor::rant:

:blah:

I am guessing if it is something that at least two SAs wants to sell then they will have to "arm wrestle" for it. So what happens if the winning SA cant sell it to first or second client then what? And I am wondering if this is gonna apply to birkins and kellys that are stock orders?? Such a mystery. My DS said her head was spinning and she didn't get a chance to pick the SM brains more..

Yes I have heard of the same thing from my SA. If 3 clients want the same CDC, but only one is available, then the 3 SAs will draw, and the winner gets to sell the CDC to her/his client. If the first SA didn't sell it, then they pass it to the next SA to sell to his/her clients.

It is probabily more "fair" in a way, as oppose to the previous "first-come-first-serve"

Yes I can confirm this! I was at the NYC Madison store looking for a Kelly long wallet. The SA that helped me had a croc in ghw. Unfortunately I was looking for a leather one with phw. While she was showing me the croc the SA right next to us told another client that she had a kelly long wallet in leather that was light blue. So I asked the my SA if I could see the the wallet the other SA was referring to. My SA then told me that she could not show me that wallet since the other SA was assigned to sell that particular wallet. So I kindly asked my SA if I could ask the other SA to see if she was willing to show/sell us the wallet. She said I could try. So I waited until the other SA was finished helping her client and I asked her if I could see the wallet she was referring to.
That's when it got interesting. She got furious when I asked her. She said she didn't have the wallet (Remember I was standing right next to her when she said she had it). She then proceeded to go tell a SM that my original SA said that I could ask her to see the wallet.
I felt so bad that I had to go apologize to my original SA for getting her in trouble.
I will never shop at the Madison store again.