Home & Garden Dishwashers!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I am looking to replace a Viking dishwasher w/ another higher end d/w.

Anyone have the Fisher Paykel drawers by chance?

Also interested in Asko or my old reliable Bosch.

OOOOH! Can't wait to get some feedback on this. I am in the market, too.

I read about the drawer style today and saw some talk about them being problematic – that they are small and have other issues. It's so hard to really trust reviews these days.

I am considering a Bosch, but they don't have grinders.
Swanks, do you prewash your dishes? We rinse, but we don't really scrub.

The one we have came with the house and it's a GE, and old as the hills.

The drawers aren't small at all. The current model is called called "tall" because it's SO deep like you can put very tall stock pots in top drawer and even good size baking sheets..
Never had an issue with a Bosch. We always removed food but never cleaned anything before putting dishes in, literally scraped off food and in they went. Have used Bosch for 3 houses over 11 years, never needed service once.

I liked the Miele a lot too.

Last edited:
Fisher & Paykel current "tall" model, fits a standard d/w space.
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/DD24DT.html?brand_store=1
DD24DCTX7_exterior_600px_ts.jpg

DD24DDFTX6_insitu_02.jpg

DD36SDFTX1_retainer_clip.jpg

Last edited:
My dream dishwasher by Asko. . . only about $2200. :sad:
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/D5656XXLHS1.html
d5656xxlhs_tube_handle_front_view_9e648.jpg

56_series_70d42.jpg

It's pretty. What makes it special?

Fisher & Paykel current "tall" model, fits a standard d/w space.
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/DD24DT.html?brand_store=1
DD24DCTX7_exterior_600px_ts.jpg

DD24DDFTX6_insitu_02.jpg

DD36SDFTX1_retainer_clip.jpg

I love that you can run smaller loads by just using one drawer when you don't have a ton of dishes to do. Since it's just the hubs and me, we don't run ours every day and wait to fill it over 2-3.

It was just sooo smooth and so adjustable inside. The Miele is around same price but the Asko felt VERY luxe.

Interesting. We are going to head to Pirch today to look. :happydance:

Our Bosch is EXACTLY like this inside. I need to take a pic. They must be made by the same parent company or someone is copying the other. Although you have flexibility, it actually doesn't fit much.

Do you like your Bosch?

Hi, I'm putting in my 2 cents for the Miele. We did a full kitchen remodel about 2 years ago. It's a fabulous washer, never any problems and very quite - you never know its on. I love it.

i was talked out of the drawers by several appliance people... was told they just aren't designed to take the kind of daily use as a "main dishwasher" esp. if you cook a lot- just will have problems with longevity. maybe as a wet bar area dishwasher, but we don't have that set up. we got a full size miele (not our first), and it's great. super quiet -- really can't hear it at all, even standing near it. but i did love the idea of the drawer ones!