Home & Garden Dishwashers!

We went to Pirch yesterday, and the SA said the F&P drawers are convenient, but you'd better be okay with having it serviced often. :sad:
Can you tell I want to hear otherwise?

The two we she recommended are

Kitchen Aid KDTM704ESS
http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/-[KDTM704ESS]-5571597/KDTM704ESS/
As great as it looked and "felt" (it's like a tank!), it's nearly $2K and that's out of our league for a dishwasher.

Standalone_1175X1290.jpg

and Bosch. Not sure which model it was exactly, but I'm considering the 800 series.

MCSA00836817_F1092_SHXN8U55UC_472342_korr_def.jpg

One thing I like about the Bosch is it has no branding on the front, which makes it easier to match with other appliances. The Kitchen Aid has a big ole logo on it. Maybe I'm just making up reasons for not spending $2K. :smile:

She said don't bother with Viking. And while they are good, the downside of Miele is that you need to use their servicemen. She wasn't really saying that any are bad, well maybe she was with the Viking, but that you need to know your needs.

While the one we have is working fine, we really should also upgrade our refrigerator as the one that came with the house is truly meh (Kenmore, traditional style). It's not nearly as nice at the one we had before. Replacing that is going to cost a lot more than a dishwasher and seems more important.

Last edited:
Viking d/w is terrible and I'm a Viking fan! I'm replacing mine.
I'd never pay $2k for a Kitchen-Aid, that's overpaying IMHO. Sorry KA fans, I like KA but that isn't reasonable IMO :-s
For $2k it would be Miele, Asko or the very high end of Bosch.

800 series of Bosch is about half the price of the above listed ones IIRC. They have a few different pricing levels. I'd always recommend a Bosch :smile:

Viking d/w is terrible and I'm a Viking fan! I'm replacing mine.
I'd never pay $2k for a Kitchen-Aid, that's overpaying IMHO. Sorry KA fans, I like KA but that isn't reasonable IMO :-s
For $2k it would be Miele, Asko or the very high end of Bosch.

800 series of Bosch is about half the price of the above listed ones IIRC. They have a few different pricing levels. I'd always recommend a Bosch :smile:

I'm less concerned with brand name than quality. The KA, while we probably won't get it, I can see why it's in the big leagues. It's got individual sprays that go inside each glass and three spinners at the bottom. It's a serious machine. I don't think it's unreasonable unless it's of lower quality, which it does not appear to be.

Okay, here's something funny. I had never heard of Asko before starting to look at upgrading our unit, but I just noticed we have one in our kitchen at my office. Good lord, that thing is a dud! HA! I am quite sure people don't take care of it like one would in a home, but even the little soap holders don't work. It's useless! I sure hope it's a lower-end model and they didn't pay a lot. Our entire office was just redone 3 years ago.

I have a Bosch, we bought it in 2012. (It's a 9000 series).

LOVE this dishwasher. It's quiet, cleans everything, no need to prewash, scrape etc.
I love that it's not branded on the exterior and has a very sleek and low profile exterior.

The stainless is very easy to clean and it's a perfect match with my Wolf and Subzero appliances.

My only complaint is that it does not have a very flexible interior. The bottom rack has all fixed slots making it less efficient for loading it up.

I would def buy another Bosch.

I am looking to replace a Viking dishwasher w/ another higher end d/w.

Anyone have the Fisher Paykel drawers by chance?

Also interested in Asko or my old reliable Bosch.
I have Fisher Paykel drawers and if I had to do it over, I would just get two Miele full size dishwashers. It's very awkward to put stemware in them, and some of my stemware is too large. I seem to wash about 6-8 glasses each time. It's more stable to put them in my Miele on a quick gentle wash mode. We had a Miele in our summer home and now one in our primary home and I think they are amazing, should have gotten two!

It's been a couple of houses ago since I had my last Bosch. My kitchen was Thermador appliances though so it would've been a higher end model I assume. It was very flexible though, top and bottom were adjustable. SUPER quiet.

After a lot of research we bought a Miele a couple of weeks ago - so far it's great and super quiet. It came down to a choice between Miele and Bosch and Miele was a better price and had slightly more favourable reviews than the Bosch, though it was close. If I was in the US I'd definitely consider Kitchen Aid too.
If you get a Miele make sure it's made in Germany and not Turkey. Some Miele models are made in Turkey and apparently they're unreliable. And choose whether you want a cutlery pull out tray drawer or a basket - basket is easier to use for most but they may give you a tray if you don't specify.

All I know about dishwasher drawers is that they're not the first choice for full size kitchens because they're not as good.

I'm doing loads of appliance shopping at the moment. Right in the middle of updating/renovating the kitchen, bathroom and laundry... :sweatdrop:

We had the top of the line Miele dishwasher and boy was it ever a pain. The drain pump would periodically clog (twice a year) so I would have to take it apart and clean it out. This even though it would get regular cleaning runs.

We now a have Bosch and for the past year or so it has not had any issues. It is as quiet and washes as well as the Miele.

By the way, I like the cutlery pull-out tray. It's great for sterling silverware -- you can keep each one separate.

Our new apartment came equipped with Asko washing machine and dryer. If the dishwasher is anything like the W/D, don't buy it. It's horrible! I'm waiting for it to die so I can replace it with the same Miele model as in our previous apartment.

I have the FP drawer dishwasher. I love it but its just two of us.
We only use the bottom drawer about 6x/ year. Ha ha.
I have the 2 nd model of the drawers. Got one the minute I saw it.
Big down side. You can't put anything tall in the drawers.

We had the top of the line Miele dishwasher and boy was it ever a pain. The drain pump would periodically clog (twice a year) so I would have to take it apart and clean it out. This even though it would get regular cleaning runs.

We now a have Bosch and for the past year or so it has not had any issues. It is as quiet and washes as well as the Miele.

By the way, I like the cutlery pull-out tray. It's great for sterling silverware -- you can keep each one separate.

Our new apartment came equipped with Asko washing machine and dryer. If the dishwasher is anything like the W/D, don't buy it. It's horrible! I'm waiting for it to die so I can replace it with the same Miele model as in our previous apartment.

Do you know which model Bosch dishwasher you have?