Disgraceful quality in Saint Laurent bags!!!!!

Bought a black Kate Monogramme Bag with a tassle recently because I dreamed about this bag for years. However, I was quite disappointed that I had to go to three different stores in order to find the not-as-damaged as the other bags and heard that the tassle often tarnishes, but got it nevertheless. Needless to say that this is completely unacceptable at this price point. My SDJ is holding up good so far and I really hope that I won't have any issues with it since most companies these days are really uncompromising when it comes to flaws in their products. Also the reason why I stopped shopping at LV. Don't wanna spend money on bags with the fear of having to throw them away if they damaged because the brand won't do anything :/ These quality issues of all the so-called luxury brands these days deeply disappoint me...

Reactions: papertiger
Same problems here with a YSL bag!!! I bought a chevron WOC and in less than two months of owning it an entire seam on the top of the bag split. For some (mostly people who dont understand why this is such a ridiculous thing to happen to such a pricey bag) it might not seem a big deal. But not only is it visible the second you look at it, but it has the potential to unravel the whole way through the rest of the bag!! Lucky for me it is being completely refunded!!! (I heard the woman at the counter I bought it from say another person experienced this problem with their chevron WOC) :nono::nono:

I recently started using my Sac De Jour purchased back in June 2016 (large version purchased in the YSL men's section in Galeries Lafayette Paris). After about 5 times using the bag, I noticed some fraying at various places along the stitching on the 2 leather pieces that thread through the side leather "accordian" pieces. The bag has not suffered any incidents of abrasion and I have not been adjusting or moving the straps. Has anyone experienced this type of fraying (you sort of have to look closely to notice the fraying but it's slightly bothersome since I've used the bag for only a week)? Thank you for any insights.

Th
Have you had any issues with

Have you had any problems with the pebbled calf? Was considering the YSL college aka boyfriend bag from Bergdorf, in pebbled leather. Will the pebbled calf maintain its structure? Seeing all the complaints here about peeling leather and other issues is making me reconsider my thoughts on purchasing YSL. TIA

The weird thing is I have two pebbled calf YSL bags: One with chevron in the large WOC and the other is a black medium monogram. Both have worn extremely well (but I did buy these in 2014 before the brand got crazy massive like it is now, so I'm not sure if they're just mass producing now or switched production companies) and I've not had any issues! I was contemplating the smooth calf with the tassel but each one I saw had dents so I passed and got YSL pebbled calf only. People seem to be experiencing issues in this thread but like other members have said, ALL designer brands have issues! LV with the tarnishing on their hardware, Chanel with their poor leather quality (the caviar leather looks and feels like plastic now and I have stopped buying their bags while the price continues to rise), and Gucci with their metallic leathers fading and hardware popping off of their studded bags - these are all my personal experiences with each brand (others may have only positive experiences).

Sorry I think I digressed while writing this response lol. Anyway, I've had no issues but that may be different for you or others so hopefully you get a good one :smile:

Dear all,
I have ordered a sac du jour croc (calf leather). I ordered this particular type because I thought it would last longer, stays good looking with the hard shape and doesn't get easily scratched.

My long awaited holy grail came with scratches (omg!) and I am therefore wondering if the croc gets easily scratched? The coating looks incredibly thin and I thought the bag is made out of thick leather. :/

Has anyone experience with the croc print? Any wear and tear reviews? Is the grainy leather better?IMG_1478634586.676834.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Dear all,
I have ordered a sac du jour croc (calf leather). I ordered this particular type because I thought it would last longer, stays good looking with the hard shape and doesn't get easily scratched.

My long awaited holy grail came with scratches (omg!) and I am therefore wondering if the croc gets easily scratched? The coating looks incredibly thin and I thought the bag is made out of thick leather. :/

Has anyone experience with the croc print? Any wear and tear reviews? Is the grainy leather better?View attachment 3515754

Thanks for the help.
I have the medium Cassandre that's croc embossed - purchased a little over a year ago. I find it pretty durable and it still looks as good as the day I bought it.

I'm tempted by the sac de jour but afraid about quality issues ...
The only YSL i have is the Muse in noir. I find that the corners worn out really fast, I baby my bags so it's in really good condition except the corners. But it's a bit deceiving.

I'm tempted by the sac de jour but afraid about quality issues ...
The only YSL i have is the Muse in noir. I find that the corners worn out really fast, I baby my bags so it's in really good condition except the corners. But it's a bit deceiving.

Hey! Thanks for your feedback. What kind of leather do you have? Would you like to insert some pics?

I'm thankful that I read this forum, even if I am disappointed to hear about the Saint Laurent quality issues. I was just about to buy a black monogram matelasse and was trying to decide on which style to purchase. I love love love the black enamel hardware, but I'm not surprised to hear that it is problematic.

When I was at Lineapelle in September I was speaking with some of the hardware vendors about the different finishes that are available.
One of them was forthright about the fragility of any enameled finish. She warned that the enamels, as well as the "rubberized" looking metal coatings are more susceptible to chipping and wear from abrasion.
These finishes are applied differently from a galvanization process, which is how standard metallic finishes are created.
C'est dommage!

Reactions: apple_28
Ich purchased my first SL bag last month. However, I am really disappointed by its quality. I wore my bag 3 times and now there are already scratches in the leather. I already complained about the quality and I am able to exchange it. It is a pity because it is such a beautiful bag.

Attachments

• IMG_9442.JPG
    IMG_9442.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 5,662
  • IMG_9443.JPG
    IMG_9443.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 5,687
  • IMG_9444.JPG
    IMG_9444.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 5,703
Reactions: celine666666
Ich purchased my first SL bag last month. However, I am really disappointed by its quality. I wore my bag 3 times and now there are already scratches in the leather. I already complained about the quality and I am able to exchange it. It is a pity because it is such a beautiful bag.

I have seen the color of this sac de jour online. Its amazing. Where have you bought the bag and where did you complain? What have they offered you in exchange?

I bought it in Germany from a authorized reseller. They offered me a full refund. I really likes that bag. I was looking for a simple smaller purse and fell in love with the sac de jour. Now I will have to find something new.

I bought it in Germany from a authorized reseller. They offered me a full refund. I really likes that bag. I was looking for a simple smaller purse and fell in love with the sac de jour. Now I will have to find something new.

Hi kiki, I'm from Germany too. May i ask which shop that was? was it fashionette? I have ordered the baby croc two times at f. and both times the bag had scratches.