Discussions about FAKES

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey Vlad, Megs and everyone

This may be a long shot, but here is a thought I have had for a while...

Would it be possible to open a sub-forum for discussions about fakes? I realise that the bag sections already have "a place for fakes" etc... but I was thinking more along the lines of creating a type of database that may include information like; articles on the counterfeit industry / discussions about laws / child labour / fair trade.... etc.

I realise some members feel very strongly about this issue (me!) and whilst there have been many interesting debates on this topic, there is no central area to find information. Threads that are started about the fake industry often become very long and go off topic quickly because so many people have so much to say (which is not a bad thing!).

Can anyone see any clear advantages / potential issues that may come from this? Anyone else intersted????

In time, I believe this might serve as a comprehensive collection of information and discussion that will be readily accessible to both members and non-members.

Just an idea..... what do you think?

:heart:

2. I'm not sure if we need a whole forum since it's easily discussed already in General Discussion on Handbags & Purses, but how about we make a start . . .

I'd be happy to make a sticky thread in Handbags. Let's start w/ a thread and people can post links to articles, research, etc . . . and I'll compile it and make a sticky. I'll keep it closed so it's a reference thread and doesn't get bogged down w/ people who find ways to justify the counterfeit trade.

3. I think this is a good idea Swanky. Keeping it as info only is a good way to keep people informed and find the information directly.

I just think it is so important people see the big picture and (hopefully) make more informed choices.

4. In just a few minutes this thread has already gained a positive response.
    Thank you Swanky.

5. This is a good start, then we can go from there :smile: