Discussion about New Feedback Rules on Ebay Chatter

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I noticed when I logged into My Ebay there was a link at the top of the page for something called Feedback Changes - Griff's Perspective. I have never read Griff's blog, but apparently he is an Ebay employee that posts stuff on http://ebaychatter.com/. He posted a long essay on how the feedback changes are GOOD and we should all embrace them. Of course, he appears to be a corporate mouthpiece for Ebay, disguised as a "blogger."

Since posting his essay, about 80 people have responded. A few echo the company line that the change is good, but most (including me) have been arguing about how no feedback for buyers is a lousy idea. I suggest if you want your feelings to be heard by Ebay, his blog might be the place to say something.

Thanks caannie!

I have been so confused by the changes, can anyone direct me to a link that would explain them, or maybe the pros/cons in full? Is there a thread in this section of tPF that discusses the changes?

I noticed when I logged into My Ebay there was a link at the top of the page for something called Feedback Changes - Griff's Perspective. I have never read Griff's blog, but apparently he is an Ebay employee that posts stuff on http://ebaychatter.com/. He posted a long essay on how the feedback changes are GOOD and we should all embrace them. Of course, he appears to be a corporate mouthpiece for Ebay, disguised as a "blogger."

Since posting his essay, about 80 people have responded. A few echo the company line that the change is good, but most (including me) have been arguing about how no feedback for buyers is a lousy idea. I suggest if you want your feelings to be heard by Ebay, his blog might be the place to say something.

Yes! It's good to know I'm not the only one that sees the new feedback policy as a good thing and he reiterated exactly why. It's nice to know I am not the only one. :yes:

Linda

I'm honestly on the fence about it. It serves a good purpose in really weeding out crappy sellers....BUT it does nothing to weed out bad buyers.

One person on one of the ebay boards suggested that feedback should not be made public until both parties have left feedback, and you can't see what the other person left you. That, IMHO would solve ALL the problems!!!!

I realize that this whole "no neg for buyer" situation is really scary for us sellers but from my understanding of these new changes there WILL be a grading system of sorts for us sellers to let other sellers know if the buyer is good or bad.. correct? I think they said Strikes. (Forgive me but I haven't read the blog mentioned above I am going purely off memory from a few days ago) I know that strikes aren't the same as negs but I plan on blocking all buyers who have a strike.. that way I am still protected against any buyer who has had a problem with another seller. My point is that there still is SOMETHING we can do to warn others.. I know it's not the same but it's better than nothing.. : (

I don't think it will do much to weed out bad sellers, there will still be buyers out there who won't give negs to bad ones ... but as a buyer and seller myself, I'm pretty peeved that I can't comment on a bad buyer.