Discuss the Bottega Veneta Leather Guide

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. Once I saw a very unique leather at the BV boutique, and the wonderful SA told me it is kangaroo leather. Has anyone seen it or have a picture?

3. The comparison shot with the montaigne..is the montaigne nappa? or is it nappa umbria?

4. the montaigne is nappa :yes:

5. ^ Thank you! thought it was..but wanted to make sure.

6. I edited the post in the Nappa Umbria section and labeled the pics.

7. jburgh...perhaps you can add a section on barcelona calf too? I think there are increasing amounts of bags being made with this type of calf as well

8. jburgh - the bag in the tread 'My new Bottega satchel in gray/zinc' is deerskin, right ? Should it be included in the leather guide ?

9. Cervo is in the thread, just not filled in yet. It is still in process. I also added Barcelona Cabat. If you want to write some descriptions or notes about any of the leathers, post them here and I will incorporate them into the guide.

10. I hope this is the correct area to ask my question in regards to a couple veneta styles that I have. One is the pleated veneta in eclipse, the other is the regular veneta in regent (olive green). The pleated veneta feels so much smoother and more supple than the regent veneta. I havent used the regent veneta as much, but the hand is much stiffer and, almost, drier - thinner to the touch. I am trying to figure out if one is nappa umbria and if the other is just nappa. Any ideas?? Thank you for any input.:shrugs:

11. I have a hobo style from sp/su 09 that is oxidized cervo. Will different types of finishes be included in the leather guide?

12. hi, can anybody tell me what plume leather is pls? I have seen it referred but cant seem to find a definition. Thanks

13. Hi: Does anyone know what leather is VQ130? Thanks.