Discuss: Hermes Size Reference Thread

Ok ladies I am starting to save and research like crazy. I looked at the pics in the size reference thread and I am even more confused on size LOL I know I want black and togo but no idea what the 30 and 35 birkin look like IRL and in pics sometimes they look so small and other times HUGE.

So what size do you think would be good for me...I like the size of my speedy 30 I am 5'6 118 and usually wear heels. I saw the pic of the 30 beside the 30 speedy and it looked close to same size. Is it?

HELP LOL

based on your height i would say 35. i think a 30 is handbag-like whereas 35 is more of a tote, so it also depends how you plan to use your birkin (i.e. more everyday or special occasions, etc.).

Ok ladies I am starting to save and research like crazy. I looked at the pics in the size reference thread and I am even more confused on size LOL I know I want black and togo but no idea what the 30 and 35 birkin look like IRL and in pics sometimes they look so small and other times HUGE.

So what size do you think would be good for me...I like the size of my speedy 30 I am 5'6 118 and usually wear heels. I saw the pic of the 30 beside the 30 speedy and it looked close to same size. Is it?

HELP LOL

I think BHMommy said it perfectly: a 30cm is a true handbag; a 35cm is a tote / carryall / business bag. Although I could use my 30 as a work tote bag (albeit a small one), I don't think I would consider using my 35 as a purse.

Hello! I'm in great need of advice from all the kelly experts out there! I've decided that I'm going to hunt down a sellier kelly (in rouge vif and hopefully chevre :P) but am unsure about whether i should be looking for a 28 or 32.

I'm 5'2 and about 48kg and typically carry around a long wallet, an iphone, a cosmetics case and a cardigan. My 35 birkin looks a little large on me (but not exceedingly so) but a 30birkin looks a little small.

I don't live anywhere near an Hermes store and don't have any access to kellys to try on so any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Ladies :heart:

Reactions: peonies13
I think you should go for a 32 kelly if you are looking for something you can use day-to-day. I don't think a 28 kelly will hold your regular things without looking bulgy. I'm about your height as well and have a 28cm HAC Birkin, 30cm Birkin, 32 Kelly, 35 Kelly and 35 Birkin. My 28 (albeit a Birkin HAC and not a Kelly) is definitely more like my "evening" / going-out handbag and not a day-to-day bag. Hope this helps!
Lala

totally agree with u lala, 32 kelly is a perfect size to wear day to day, size 28 is not that practical.
have same concern with egglet, 35 birkin is a bit bigger, 30 is just ok, but not in causal looking...

I am sorry if this was already mentioned in another post/thread, but I am considering a 40cm birkin. I am 5'8" 125lbs, would this size look pratical/nice against my body frame? I have two kids and carry more these days and could use a larger bag (not sure if the 35cm would work). I dont live near any Hermes store and would greatly appreciate your input.

I'm 5'3 tall weighs ard 50 kg. I used 28cm sellier kelly as a day purse it fits just nice. (long wallet, Iphone, small pouch for lipsticks). Stil manage to have extra space for misc items... such as car key and sunglasses. The size looks just nice for my build.

But honestly, I prefer 30cm birkin cos its much more easier to access thing from it. . I only use 35cm birkin when travelling cos things will be more. 35cm is much more heavier to use compared with 30cm birkin and 28cm kelly. Hope its helps.:P