Discuss: Hermes resale/Ebay sellers

May 21, 2013
Hello all: I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask my question, but I've been following along on this thread for a few years now so I'm sure you will know the answer or will be able to point me toward the right direction.

After about seven years of collecting Hermes scarves, I've developed stronger parameters for purchases that will work for me (much thanks to following this thread) but I now have a few beauties that did not work for me (loved the design but color did not work, etc) that I love and yet have never worn or worn just once. I need to let these go, but am not sure where to resell them. What are your preferred sites to sell on, or would you prefer a local second hand boutique - something else? If I sell online, what info do I need to include? Would appreciate any advice you can give, thank you.
Hi! I prefer boutiques just because of the safety aspect (I know someone won’t try and demand a refund and try and send back a fake bag - this actually happens, Selfridges have had to crack down on this because people do that with them).

I personally solely use Bagista after using others and other platforms such as Vestiaire, I found Bagista to give the lowest commissions and it’s hassle free because they deal with the clients directly and I know it’s in safe hands :smile:

Hope this helps!

May 21, 2013
Does anyone know the best place to sell a KTG Wallet in Europe (Germany/Austria/CJ) preferably? Got offered a KTG Epsom wallet in the gorgeous Jade green color and bought it on a whim, but realistically I won't really use it so am considering finding it a home with someone who'd use it more. Does anyone know of a website that doesn't charge too much commission fees or somewhere to list for free?
Omg I love the jade colour!! If that was a mini Kelly I would have bought that from you immediately!

Websites is quite hard, lowest commission is eBay, I personally prefer using boutiques as takes all the hassle out of the equation!

Jet9

Jul 15, 2015
Hi! I prefer boutiques just because of the safety aspect (I know someone won’t try and demand a refund and try and send back a fake bag - this actually happens, Selfridges have had to crack down on this because people do that with them).

I personally solely use Bagista after using others and other platforms such as Vestiaire, I found Bagista to give the lowest commissions and it’s hassle free because they deal with the clients directly and I know it’s in safe hands :smile:

Hope this helps!
Thank you!

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Jan @ it’s all Goode is one of us

@sdsurfchick
Sorry, @Jet9 , I forgot the link. Thanks to mods for moving :smile:

frou frou

perfection is boring
O.G.
Dec 11, 2010
Just re-emerging from a period of not wanting to use my Hermès items, I’m still not into the bags but the scarves are piquing interest again.
I’m bowled over by the prices on the secondary market , on EBay; especially none coveted designs from past three years being priced way over retail. Yet looking at items sold , very few listings are successful .What is the driver for asking these unrealistic prices? It makes no sense.

Meanwhile the usual slew of dodgy fakes :artJapanexport seems to have any endless supply of Femme aux Semelles de Vent mousseline shawls priced well over 1600 Euros ….never produced in that format sadly.

sunshinebae

Jul 23, 2022
Just re-emerging from a period of not wanting to use my Hermès items, I’m still not into the bags but the scarves are piquing interest again.
I’m bowled over by the prices on the secondary market , on EBay; especially none coveted designs from past three years being priced way over retail. Yet looking at items sold , very few listings are successful .What is the driver for asking these unrealistic prices? It makes no sense.

Meanwhile the usual slew of dodgy fakes :artJapanexport seems to have any endless supply of Femme aux Semelles de Vent mousseline shawls priced well over 1600 Euros ….never produced in that format sadly.
I think the high ( and unrealistic ) prices are due to people checking out what other sellers are selling their bags for, prior to listing their bags for around the same market price thinking their bag will sell not realizing that just bc they list it at X price doesn’t mean it’ll sell at that price lol.

• Insightful
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Nov 25, 2006
I’ve been wanting a Kelly black and gold for the longest time. I am thinking about purchasing from Madisonavenuecouture. I’ve been reading and hearing they sell authentic great bags. Thoughts?

Im also trying to decide if I should get 25 vs 28 retourne, I’m 5’4. Love to get your input!

Lubi777

O.G.
Mar 9, 2010
Did any of you sell your Hermes bags outright to a consignment store such as Xupes, Luxury Promise, Batista, Cudoni etc? I see the sell bags at £14-16k so curious how much they buy them for from the individual sellers. Thanks
LP takes 35% commission which is more than any established auction house! On top of everything their customer service is atrocious. When I brought my bag to LP a woman literally slammed the door in my face and leaving me in the street. I would like to be treated better for such a crazy commission they are taking. If I were you I would avoid them like a plague.

Lubi777

O.G.
Mar 9, 2010
Luxury Promise is horrible, try selling anything with them and don’t expect to receive payment for 5 months and that’s with constant chasers and threat of a lawsuit!

Bagista is a mixed bag; a friend asked for a quote for her Rodeo and was told ‘sorry we don’t take seasonal key rings like your item’:shocked: I would seriously doubt their expertise with Hermès bags if this is what they know of Rodeos.

Designer Exchange can give insulting lowball offers; my friend requested a quote for her new B30 in a popular neutral shade and was quoted £6,000:shocked:
Wow, im so glad I read this about LP. I had the worst experience with them too. When I brought my bag to sell, a woman from LP slammed the door in my face leaving me standing in the street although I spoke to the owner prior to that. I would like to be treated differently if they take 35% commission from. Disgraceful behaviour.

Feb 22, 2020
Wow, im so glad I read this about LP. I had the worst experience with them too. When I brought my bag to sell, a woman from LP slammed the door in my face leaving me standing in the street although I spoke to the owner prior to that. I would like to be treated differently if they take 35% commission from. Disgraceful behaviour.
My only experience with LP was as a potential purchaser.
I found the staff member in the store to be cold and unhelpful.
In fact I got the distinct impression they looked me up and down and didn't expect me to spend and therefore just wanted me out of the shop.
I find Bagista and DE much friendlier, happy to engage in conversation find out what sort of H bag I was interested in and my budget etc.
If I were to ever need to sell an H bag (hopefully never) my experience as a customer would make me bypass LP.

Tonimichelle

It’s all about the bag!
Apr 9, 2013
LP takes 35% commission which is more than any established auction house! On top of everything their customer service is atrocious. When I brought my bag to LP a woman literally slammed the door in my face and leaving me in the street. I would like to be treated better for such a crazy commission they are taking. If I were you I would avoid them like a plague.
I contacted them three times (through different means over the space of a month or so) when I was looking to sell my turquoise Birkin. Never did get a reply!

I still think Xupes takes some beating when it comes to customer service, they were great when I've bought or sold through them. Prices are high if you're buying though but I do trust them 100%.

Designer Exchange have been great for buying, however a very low offer when I've contacted them to sell something.

Naughtipidgin's nest https://www.npnbags.co.uk has probably the loveliest owner you could ever hope to deal with! Again totally trustworthy for purchases or selling. Commission is very reasonable for selling (only 10% for items over £3001) however the H selection is generally quite small and she closes (or used to) for school holidays so I think some things may hang around a little longer depending on the time of year and who spots them.

Lubi777

O.G.
Mar 9, 2010
I contacted them three times (through different means over the space of a month or so) when I was looking to sell my turquoise Birkin. Never did get a reply!

I still think Xupes takes some beating when it comes to customer service, they were great when I've bought or sold through them. Prices are high if you're buying though but I do trust them 100%.

Designer Exchange have been great for buying, however a very low offer when I've contacted them to sell something.

Naughtipidgin's nest https://www.npnbags.co.uk has probably the loveliest owner you could ever hope to deal with! Again totally trustworthy for purchases or selling. Commission is very reasonable for selling (only 10% for items over £3001) however the H selection is generally quite small and she closes (or used to) for school holidays so I think some things may hang around a little longer depending on the time of year and who spots them.
Thank you, I will check out the website. I haven't heard about them. Yes, Designer Exchange quoted me even less than LP. They said these are the current resale prices. I think they were lying as I have never seen such “cheap” brand new Birkin either on their or any other website. I think what they do is they don't put most of the bags on their website just to sell them without a trace for whatever price they want to their clients. That way the seller has no idea what they really sold it for and the resellers cash on nicely (35%).