[Discuss] Hating Monogram....?

Whatever your *highly confusing* point of view is, I think that is bad forum etiquette to create a thread about you hating monogram and then calling it all sorts of things like "tacky" "boring" and "disgusting".

This is an LV forum, the monogram is classic LV, many members have extensive mono collections and I think that it is offensive to start all this hating on it.

I for one would never say I hated anything that I knew other people owned, I think people should keep opinions like that to themselves since what is the point in posting that?

Also, why does it matter for what reason someone buys their bag? Who cares if someone buys a mono bag because they want other people to recognize it - it is their money, let them spend it how they want.

I believe, there is nothing wrong with what she has posted.
The fact she posted a 'hate' titled thread, is showing nothing but her personal thoughts. And i believe...just because she's posted a 'hate' titled thread...it does not, and can not show the fact she has 'bad forum etiquette'. She didn't show any bad forum etiquette.
I believe, replying back to every single answer she posts and writing "If you are buying LV for exclusivity then go to another brand"...is bad forum etiquette: Directing another person to go to another brand when you do not know 100% if she is buying LV for exclusivity or not...etc...
She can create a 'love' thread or a 'hate' thread. There is nothing wrong with loving or hating. We can express love...why can't we express hate? lol...
Sorry to the people who believe in a God...i am not pointing to the people who believe in a God...
Why did a God 'create' the good people and the bad people? why did a God 'create' people to be loved...and people to be hated?...is the God wrong? nop!

I think people should keep opinions like that to themselves since what is the point in posting that?
I believe there is no people should...people should not...in the world. If you do not understand or can not understand her point in posting that...You could have not replied to her post...?

Also, why does it matter for what reason someone buys their bag? Who cares if someone buys a mono bag because they want other people to recognize it - it is their money, let them spend it how they want.
Why does it matter for what reason someone hates the monogram? Who cares if someone hates the monogram because they don't want other people to recognize it - it is their thoughts through words, let them think how they want.

i love monogram and damier. i just bought a damier speedy a couple of weeks ago - and i certainly didn't buy it because i wanted the attention at the cheapest price possible; i bought it because i really adore the neutral checkerboard pattern, the shape and capacity of the speedy, and no vachette (i can finally wear hand lotion again).

may i ask why you bought mono and damier items if you dislike them?

i'm not offended by you disliking part of my collection, but i am puzzled as to why anyone would want to spend their free time/hobby talking about the things they hate. i guess i'm a "cup is half full" kind of girl, so with that said, i'm sorry that you don't like two of the three original LV designs. have you considered selling the pieces you don't like to fund for pieces you love?

i love monogram and damier. i just bought a damier speedy a couple of weeks ago - and i certainly didn't buy it because i wanted the attention at the cheapest price possible; i bought it because i really adore the neutral checkerboard pattern, the shape and capacity of the speedy, and no vachette (i can finally wear hand lotion again).

i'm not offended by your disliking of part of my collection, but i am puzzled as to why anyone would want to spend their free time/hobby talking about the things they hate or strongly dislike. i guess i'm a "cup is half full" kind of girl so with that said, i'm sorry that you don't like two of the three original LV designs.

may i ask why you bought mono and damier items if you dislike them?

LOL
there's people in the world puzzled as to why anyone would want to spend their free time/hobby talking about the things they love or strongly like. = LV...lol...my friend "you spend your free time talking about LV on a PURSE FORUM???"
LOL:Push::heart:

Well, the best thing about LV is that there are so many diffusion lines been introduced year after year.So, if you don't like the classic monogram, just stay away from it.I personally not very into monogram too, so that I mainly go for Damier, Taiga and other seasonal stuffs.

Let's agree to disagree but I stand by my view that "Hate" threads are unnecessarily negative, I'll stay away from them in future. I much prefer "Love" threads, spread the LVOE :flowers:.

Exactly. There are so many people buying monogram and damier solely because it is highly recognizable. Which lead me to judging people who's waring mono and damier if they bought the bag because they like it, or because they want other people to know they have a LV bag.
I know these thoughts go throw my head most of the time I see a mono/damier bag, and clearly there are other people out there who thinks like me. that's why I try to avoid buying/using mono/damier unless the design only comes in those prints.

Why are you wasting your time judging people? If they bought to show others that they own an LV, it is their right! Live and let live; do your own thing and let them do theirs.

I love the monogram pattern. I love the little stars and flowers, or whatever you call them ... to me the pattern manages to be fun, classic, feminine and easy on the eye all at the same time. I only have one monogram canvas bag but about half a dozen accessories in monogram vernis and another bag in monogram velour. It makes no difference to me what the pattern is printed or embossed on ... I love it denim, linen, satin, velour ... love it in multicolore and watercolour ... love it perforated or stitched into calf leather ... love it stamped on patent leather. Guess just I LoVe the whole shebang lot of them! :lol::love:

I don't understand how you can differentiate between all of those variations to say you dislike one in particular. To me, the fact that the mono canvas is more common doesn't make it any less appealing than the far less common perforated leather - it's still the same pattern. I could understand if you didn't like mono canvas because you didn't like the colour, that would make sense. But to dislike mono canvas just because it's more common ... I'm afraid that just sounds a bit silly and snobbish to me. Take another look, huh?

ok basically I LVoe monogram and damier!(I love all the lines of LV) Even tough there are a lot of cheap fakes I don't care cause I know mine is 100% authentic and believe it or not people recognize fake when they see it! Now the thing is that everyone may have it but its all about how you use it,the way you use it with style or like any other purse I don't agree with you

:search: :s I don't think my 2 Speedies-- Mono and Damier Ebene-- are tacky.... I don't think I'm tacky, therefore I wouldn't buy something tacky...

Why would anyone judge someone based on what line of bags from a particular designer they carry? It just seems silly to me; there are so many other things to judge people on, such as strength of character.

In my very first post,
I simply described my opinion and want to see if there are other people out there agree with me.
However, people took it personal and see it as I was commenting on their bags and get offended.
If you love mono/damier, simply post "I love them."
If you don't like mono/damier, just reply "I agree with you."
I have no idea how this thread got so out of hand.
Anyways, I lost all interest in this topic.

In my very first post,
I simply described my opinion and want to see if there are other people out there agree with me.
However, people took it personal and see it as I was commenting on their bags and get offended.
If you love mono/damier, simply post "I love them."
If you don't like mono/damier, just reply "I agree with you."
I have no idea how this thread got so out of hand.
Anyways, I lost all interest in this topic.

Well I can understand your feeling. I don't want to offend you nor give bad comment to you. I just want to say that I love Damier Geant:yes:, I like Monogram:shame: (eventhough my fave SA said that I look beautiful instead of handsome with it), I adore Damier Ebene et Azure:love:. But I'm not into utah and taiga now but still I want to have them too:graucho:. Basically, I LVoe LV:heart:. That's all:wlae:.

______________________________________________________________________________________
VUITTON_BOY

www.friendster.com/lvholic