[Discuss] Hating Monogram....?

at one point i hated as a design, juxtaposed with other lines, but now i actually don't mind it! though i still prefer other lines over it, as i tend to steer towards understated lines!

:tdown:Ok to respond to some of your comments in your thread:

Why would you buy 3 items of mono or damier if they disgust you, why would you buy anything that disgust you. Anyone with a brain in their head would not buy a luxury item that they thought was "tacky," boring," and disgusting!!

In my first post, I did say monogram can be very elegant, for example: Beverly, and Carry All.
"tacky", "boring", "disgusting" are simply adjs to describe my feelings towards the large amount of the same bags (speedy for one) and wallets I see on the street.

:tdown:Ok to respond to some of your comments in your thread:

posting #1:
.."most of the time (mostly in smaller pieces) it just look tacky and boring -sometimes disgusting- to me..."
and
posting #21:
"..But I am pretty sure no more than 3 of my items are gonna be in mono or damier..."

Why would you buy 3 items of mono or damier if they disgust you, why would you buy anything that disgust you. Anyone with a brain in their head would not buy a luxury item that they thought was "tacky," boring," and disgusting!!

posting #22:
"...A 16 yo girl who's earning 8 bucks per hour most defiantly would not spend 900 on an epi speedy when she can get the same bag in mono for 300 less, unless she is obsessed and decide to save up Which lead to the overpopulation of mono and damier..."
Perhaps the mono and damier canvas are popular and carried by so many because it holds up well and is very much loved!!!

posting#1
Is it just me? or there's other people out there agree with me?
ITS JUST YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nuts::wtf::Push::rolleyes:

Hehe ITA! :tup:

Where I live I almost never see LV (real or fake) and even if there were lots, I really wouldn't get upset.

If you are buying LV for exclusivity then go to another brand, LV has hundreds of stores worldwide, you can't expect to be the only one wearing it. If you want complete exclusivity go to a small bag shop that no one has ever heard of or if you want expensive, commission an LV bag made out of crocodile and encrusted in diamonds and sapphires. LV made $2 billion profit last year, a lot of people must be buying it.

Honestly I can see what OP is saying. I've seen some grown ups (from ages 20 -50) in stores worrying that their purchases wont be rocognised unless it's monogram and getting matching monogram everything. I find that rather sad and tackey.

Where I live I almost never see LV (real or fake) and even if there were lots, I really wouldn't get upset.

If you are buying LV for exclusivity then go to another brand, LV has hundreds of stores worldwide, you can't expect to be the only one wearing it. If you want complete exclusivity go to a small bag shop that no one has ever heard of or if you want expensive, commission an LV bag made out of crocodile and encrusted in diamonds and sapphires. LV made $2 billion profit last year, a lot of people must be buying it.

if this is the statement you're making, you clearly do not understand my point of view,
and I'm tired of explaining it for the 5th time....

Well...to be honest, in an LV forum where the majority of us do have Mono and Damier items, I don't think it'll be really easy to find many people who dislike these lines.

These two lines are the very basis of LV, without them, LV wouldn't exist. Plus, they're great everyday lines, they match just about anything and are durable. Also, $600 for even a basic bag is still a lot so it's really not about the "cheaper" price point, especially nowadays

i agree ... i mean you can just throw those bags any where and you know it will be alright :P

Liberté;5858120 said:
Honestly I can see what OP is saying. I've seen some grown ups (from ages 20 -50) in stores worrying that their purchases wont be rocognised unless it's monogram and getting matching monogram everything. I find that rather sad and tackey.

Exactly. There are so many people buying monogram and damier solely because it is highly recognizable. Which lead me to judging people who's waring mono and damier if they bought the bag because they like it, or because they want other people to know they have a LV bag.
I know these thoughts go throw my head most of the time I see a mono/damier bag, and clearly there are other people out there who thinks like me. that's why I try to avoid buying/using mono/damier unless the design only comes in those prints.

if this is the statement you're making, you clearly do not understand my point of view,
and I'm tired of explaining it for the 5th time....

Whatever your *highly confusing* point of view is, I think that is bad forum etiquette to create a thread about you hating monogram and then calling it all sorts of things like "tacky" "boring" and "disgusting".

This is an LV forum, the monogram is classic LV, many members have extensive mono collections and I think that it is offensive to start all this hating on it.

I for one would never say I hated anything that I knew other people owned, I think people should keep opinions like that to themselves since what is the point in posting that?

Also, why does it matter for what reason someone buys their bag? Who cares if someone buys a mono bag because they want other people to recognize it - it is their money, let them spend it how they want.

When I first bought my LV Mono bags I :s bought them purely for the Monogram recognition. Then i sort of fell out of my comfort level and became obsessed with Suhali, which eventually led to a distaste of mono. But recently i put some of my Mono's back into rotation because I fell in love with the versatility and classic look of the Mono (which i should've from the get go)....so i can totally agree and sympathize with jackcajyeh1228 it just took me a bit of time.

On a side note doll you don't have to like the Mono's or Damier Ebony, it is all personal taste, I mean thats why LV offers alot of the same styles in numerous different fabrications.

I also don't think jackcajyeh1228 meant any malice or harm. I just think she stated her opinion, which I think got blown way out of context. Maybe she had a few wording problems, but who doesn't? I mean I would love to meet the person who can type out perfectly what he/she has on her mind. I know it sometimes takes me a few good seconds to think before I type.

you know what?

i understand you 100000%...you can Hate the monogram if you want!!!

and there is nothing called "you using the word Hate is negative/bad etc"

because all you did was express your own personal thought through words!!!

like i said...i hate takashi murakami's fruits with eyes etc...there is nothing wrong with what i said...

mmm...

maybe you don't like the color brown? lol...or...

you don't like screaming LOGOSSS!!! LV LV LV!!! lol...

i love screaming logos!

and i love the design too!

hehehe

I dont think LV is overpopulated because it's cheap, as Lvbabydoll says $600 for a basic Mono or Damier isn't cheap!

hehehe she means...

1. cheaper price: cheaper price compared to epi...etc...

2. counterfeiters = 3. fame gained across the globe.

counterfeiters counterfeited because = fame gained across the globe lol

lol

there's people who don't like wearing same things at the same time...eg...when beckham cuts his hair...and the world does the beckham hair...lol

mmm...like me!!! LOL but...LV's...a different story...lol