[Discuss] Hating Monogram....?

Well I wouldn't exactly call either monogram or damier cheap, most people think that $600 is a crazy amount for someone to spend on a bag!

I like Mono and Damier and all their variations, they are both classic and have stood the test of time. As for counterfeiting, that has always been a problem, the Damier and Monogram were created to combat counterfeiting!

I don't how anyone could hate either canvas, let alone both! I don't think you'll get much support from other members...

Yup.. I don't hate the pattern, just hoping that they would add variety to their traditional brown version

I'd say vernis + MC are good references. I won't go for MC though cos of the chipping problem.

Well I wouldn't exactly call either monogram or damier cheap, most people think that $600 is a crazy amount for someone to spend on a bag!

I like Mono and Damier and all their variations, they are both classic and have stood the test of time. As for counterfeiting, that has always been a problem, the Damier and Monogram were created to combat counterfeiting!

I don't how anyone could hate either canvas, let alone both! I don't think you'll get much support from other members...

I realized that.
As I stated above, I do not have any problem with varieties of mono and damier,
just the Monogram Canvas and Damier Ebony Canvas.
And as for the price, I also further explained what I meant by "cheaper" in previous post.

I completely understand, it's just that there are sooo many mono and damier on the street, it's almost every other handbags you see is in either one of those prints.
just for the record, I love azur, and personally cannot wait till the graphite to come out.
it's just....dami ebony and mono (plain mono, exclude vernis, MC, etc)

and as for what I meant by "cheaper", I was talking about relatively cheaper, the same design in mono is typically 20% cheaper than that in epi. Not saying that $600 is not a lot of money.

prefering Epi, Taiga or Utah doesn't make you any better than those who like Mono or Damier canvas. how about we see you build a collection first before you diss Monogram or Damier canvas items and those who love them. got bag?

:rolleyes:

I completely understand, it's just that there are sooo many mono and damier on the street, it's almost every other handbags you see is in either one of those prints.
just for the record, I love azur, and personally cannot wait till the graphite to come out.
it's just....dami ebony and mono (plain mono, exclude vernis, MC, etc)

and as for what I meant by "cheaper", I was talking about relatively cheaper, the same design in mono is typically 20% cheaper than that in epi. Not saying that $600 is not a lot of money.

I agree with deluxeduck just because Monogram and Damier is cheaper than Taiga and Utah doesn't mean they are worse.

How would you feel if someone said your Taiga was rubbish and cheap and Hermes was way better because it is far more expensive? :biggrin:

prefering Epi, Taiga or Utah doesn't make you any better than those who like Mono or Damier canvas. how about we see you build a collection first before you diss Monogram or Damier canvas items and those who love them. got bag?

:rolleyes:

@@.....I am simply throwing my idea out there and see if there's other people feeling the same way, I am NOT saying epi, taiga, utah, etc are better than monogram or damier.
I just starting the LV temptation not long ago, before...I was all about Ferragamo, it would take awhile until I have numerous bags...
But I am pretty sure no more than 3 of my items are gonna be in mono or damier...

I agree with deluxeduck just because Monogram and Damier is cheaper than Taiga and Utah doesn't mean they are worse.

How would you feel if someone said your Taiga was rubbish and cheap and Hermes was way better because it is far more expensive? :biggrin:

The price is really not the main issue here....
I'm simply saying because Mono and Damier is cheaper than other prints,
that makes them more affordable to a wider range of customers.
A 16 yo girl who's earning 8 bucks per hour most defiantly would not spend 900 on an epi speedy when she can get the same bag in mono for 300 less, unless she is obsessed and decide to save up.
Which lead to the overpopulation of mono and damier

It's not that I don't like monogram, it's just I prefer non-monogram bags lately. When I was at the college (where my addiction started) I was purchasing only monogram ones. Now that I have graduated, somehow I feel uncomfortable wearing those to my work place (although my work colleagues are mainly guys who wouldn't tell the difference) so I'm more inclined to wear suhali or epi.

The price is really not the main issue here....
I'm simply saying because Mono and Damier is cheaper than other prints,
that makes them more affordable to a wider range of customers.
A 16 yo girl who's earning 8 bucks per hour most defiantly would not spend 900 on an epi speedy when she can get the same bag in mono for 300 less, unless she is obsessed and decide to save up.
Which lead to the overpopulation of mono and damier

Yes but still, I think you're missing the point that just because it is more expensive doesn't mean more people strive for it and want it. I recently bought the Mono Zippy Coin Purse, I could have got it in Epi but I didn't want it in Epi I prefered the look of the Mono and thought it was more durable.

I don't think that everyone buys LV for its quality or craftsmanship (not talking about TPF members here), they might buy it for the status. If your example of a 16 year old girl had a choice between being bought a mono bag or epi bag, she probably would still have chosen the mono as regular people aren't going to recognize the bag as LV.

maybe some but you are saying none and I've seen young girls save up for a MC speedy that costs double the epi

I think people save to buy what they like not what is cheaper. IMO:shrugs:

Yes but still, I think you're missing the point that just because it is more expensive doesn't mean more people strive for it and want it. I recently bought the Mono Zippy Coin Purse, I could have got it in Epi but I didn't want it in Epi I prefered the look of the Mono and thought it was more durable.

I don't think that everyone buys LV for its quality or craftsmanship (not talking about TPF members here), they might buy it for the status. If your example of a 16 year old girl had a choice between being bought a mono bag or epi bag, she probably would still have chosen the mono as regular people aren't going to recognize the bag as LV.

As you said, I know that there are people buying LV because it's a LV, which is why they would go for the cheaper ones. Like I said, price is not the main issue I'm addressing here, but the fact that there are a lot more people wearing mono and damier because they are cheaper (certainly not tPF members), which makes them a lot easier to spot on merely every block, which to me, devalued LV.

:tdown:Ok to respond to some of your comments in your thread:

posting #1:
.."most of the time (mostly in smaller pieces) it just look tacky and boring -sometimes disgusting- to me..."
and
posting #21:
"..But I am pretty sure no more than 3 of my items are gonna be in mono or damier..."

Why would you buy 3 items of mono or damier if they disgust you, why would you buy anything that disgust you. Anyone with a brain in their head would not buy a luxury item that they thought was "tacky," boring," and disgusting!!

posting #22:
"...A 16 yo girl who's earning 8 bucks per hour most defiantly would not spend 900 on an epi speedy when she can get the same bag in mono for 300 less, unless she is obsessed and decide to save up Which lead to the overpopulation of mono and damier..."
Perhaps the mono and damier canvas are popular and carried by so many because it holds up well and is very much loved!!!

posting#1
Is it just me? or there's other people out there agree with me?
ITS JUST YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nuts::wtf::Push::rolleyes:

Allthough I have some monogram pieces, I kind of agree. Sometimes it just too much of it and wearing yours feels nothing but tackey. :Push:but I just don't care anymore really. monogram or damier is not my first choice though, it's way too recognised and can lead to unpleasant situations and even dangerous ones. That's one of the main things I've come to not like about the brand as a whole, which is kind of sad, I do still like some designs.

maybe some but you are saying none and I've seen young girls save up for a MC speedy that costs double the epi

I think people save to buy what they like not what is cheaper. IMO:shrugs:

People with tastes certainly would save up for what they like instead of what's cheaper.
And MC speedy is basically another design IMO.

All I'm trying to get to here is that a lot of people buy them because they're cheaper (not everyone, but a lot. and the price is only one small factor here, counterfeits are the main issue), which lead to my dislike towards these two prints because they are literally everywhere.