Discovered Leen Heyne Fine Jewelry + REVEAL!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
I did a quick search of tPF for Leen Heyne and didn’t see anything, so I’m very excited to introduce this fabulous designer from the Netherlands to you all! I discovered him on Instagram and have been drooling over his creations for a few years, and finally decided to invest in one.

He works by folding, wrapping, and knotting gold, platinum and silver into the most beautiful, liquid-looking rings and bangles. His pieces are only available through a few jewellers in Europe and 2 in the US, so I decided to contact him directly to place a custom order. He was super gracious, with great communication and support, and my ring arrived at lightening speed in a gorgeous wood box.

I decided on a silver ring to start, and hope to get something in gold with a stone down the road. Without further ado, here is my Leen Heyne silver twist ring:

DE7CB70F-5303-4BDF-8C13-16A9D5A623F2.jpeg28792AE9-6B7E-4230-AF4C-D10AD7E19AC5.jpegC898A92F-9A63-4BBF-AEDE-B538EC5FD0D8.jpegE6F357AA-14CA-4434-BC6D-B00315C7256A.jpeg0783BA63-F835-4305-AF68-DD44F88D4C84.jpeg

love this! Thank you for sharing the link! Your ring is gorgeous!

I did a quick search of tPF for Leen Heyne and didn’t see anything, so I’m very excited to introduce this fabulous designer from the Netherlands to you all! I discovered him on Instagram and have been drooling over his creations for a few years, and finally decided to invest in one.

He works by folding, wrapping, and knotting gold, platinum and silver into the most beautiful, liquid-looking rings and bangles. View attachment 4915096View attachment 4915097View attachment 4915098View attachment 4915099

He works by folding, wrapping, and knotting gold, platinum and silver into the most beautiful, liquid-looking rings and bangles. His pieces are only available through a few jewellers in Europe and 2 in the US, so I decided to contact him directly to place a custom order. He was super gracious, with great communication and support, and my ring arrived at lightening speed in a gorgeous wood box.

I decided on a silver ring to start, and hope to get something in gold with a stone down the road. Without further ado, here is my Leen Heyne silver twist ring:

View attachment 4915095View attachment 4915096View attachment 4915097View attachment 4915098View attachment 4915099
Hi, love your ring! How is the silver wearing now? Can you use a silver polishing cloth safely on that ring design or will the satin-like finish wear away? Thank you! interesting in getting one myself but worried about the wear on the texture.

View attachment 4915095View attachment 4915096View attachment 4915097View attachment 4915098View attachment 4915099
P.S. Where did you order it from? Laelius Antiques in NY? Thanks again.

Hi, love your ring! How is the silver wearing now? Can you use a silver polishing cloth safely on that ring design or will the satin-like finish wear away? Thank you! interesting in getting one myself but worried about the wear on the texture.

Yes, I have to admit the texture has worn away pretty quick on the flat smooth part of the ring. It is almost looking like smooth silver now with little knicks and scratches. Where the twist is still has a brushed effect because that area doesn’t really come into contact with anything. I’ve been wearing it daily so no tarnishing.

But I still love it. Maybe down the road I’ll see if Leen or another jeweller can sandblast it, but that probably wouldn’t last too long either. Probably his designs that are more twisted would wear less, or gold and platinum versions. One day...sigh!

I contacted Leen directly via email from his website and he was super helpful. It was slightly cheaper for me to order directly from him rather than through a retailer, though I guess it depends on where you live and if a retailer has something you like already in stock.

Post if you get anything!

Reactions: fluffypants