Discount On LV?

searchin4js

May 10, 2008
I met this dude yesterday in the LV boutique inside Macys on 34th street and he told me he can give me 15% off on anything I want from inside that LV store, that he has a store credit for $5000 dollars that he wants to get rid of and that he will use it to buy my purchase and then give it to me receipt and all...
Should i trust this guy? He told me to come with him while he purchases whatever i need and pay him after he purchases but im scared...

sarahrarah

Feb 16, 2009
That does sound fishy! I mean, if it were true that would be incredibly generous of him, but LV are not really known for spreading the love when it comes to giving discounts, so I kind of agree with Sketch with something being a little off with his offer. Some guy really just approached you?! That's how they operate on Canal St. >_>

cindy05

MineMineMine!!!
O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
I've heard of people like that before. They usually steal other people's credit cards or apply for credit cards themselves, expecting to file for bankruptcy shortly thereafter.

Liyana

Sep 14, 2008
i dunno i think it if was me, i wld do it. i mean he is rite there and we buy it together he pays...then i pay him all the while i am holding on to my purchase.

When another TPF-er was stuck with only store credit , i believe she was advised to try and make a purchase for someone and collect the cash from them. SO same thing i guess..... then again i am a very trusting person.

ask if u can buy the store credit it from him at 15% off so u buy $1000 of store credit from him but only pay $850....make sure the credit is authentic

Scott.cs

Nov 18, 2006
Sounds a little out there for me. Why doesn't the guy just sell the gift card on eBay?

I'm not sure what scam he could pull on you if the entire transaction takes place within the confines of the boutique - But you never know these days. Every minute another scam artist is born.

15% isn't worth any possible risk that you could be taking. What were you intending to purchase? Even if you spent the entire $5,000.00 gift card, you would only save $750.00.

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
In the scheme of things, 15% isn't that much. I would rather do the honest thing and pay full price.

I wouldn't enjoy my boutique experience if I had some stranger right next to me doing something suspect... and if the boutique does get scammed via a charge back or whatever, I would NEVER be able to show my face in that store again. When you think about it, 15% is nothing.