discount at tiffanys?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just following on from the discount at Cartier post, Im just wondering has anyone ever gotten a discount at Tiffanys? Or been let off Tax? I live in Ireland so we dont have a Tiffanys so I can't even test the waters over here, but we're going to the NY store in a few weeks to purchase our e-ring. I had heard of people being let off tax, but not sure if it's true or not and don't want to make a fool of myself by asking in the store:smile:

2. Nope. Just like Hermes. My parents bought my DH and I T&Co watches for our wedding presents, and they got a "pseudo discount" because a price hike happened a day before they bought the watches -- but they knew the original price beforehand and our wonderful family SA gave them the original price. It was like not paying tax. :smile: Other than this rare occurence, there is no discount possible.

I like the fact that there is no bartering. When shopping for the fine jewelry at T&Co I think it is very elegant to look for beauty and quality and not dollars and cents.

3. ^^I agree with your statement, clanaois, about not bartering for jewelry. I hate to shop where you haggle prices for jewelry. It makes me think the next person or the person before me got a better deal. That's one of the things I like about Tiffany and Louis Vuitton. No sales and no haggling. If I want to haggle I'll go to a yard sale (which I love to do) but not to the mall.

4. ^I TOTALLY agree!!!

5. Cool thanks

6. 15% off with a corporate account, unfortunately does not apply to stones.

7. Just like Hermes, you can get a discount. Go and check out the Haggling in Hermes thread for the details: a lady has got a discount in New York store because she went with a Goldman Sachs employee.

As for bartering/haggle/being a cheap and ask for a discount in a jewellery store, I do it all the time and when I can stomp up enough money for a Cartier Haute Joaillerie necklace (which is sometime in my next life LOL), I intend to haggle given that the going rate 25%!

8. My

9. My fiance gets discounts at certain designer stores because of where he works

10. ITA!!

:tup:

11. I suppose, just like at Hermes, you can get a discount anywhere if you are more rich and powerful than us mere mortals. ;) Or be arm candy of the rich and powerful.

12. I like the fact that there is no outlet / sales. Means if they no longer make it it has a higher re-selling value, I don't have to worry about purchasing it now and it dropping later in price, and, this way, when I walk in, I don't feel any pressure. But, when I walk into Reeds jewler to look at stuff, or Jared or what have you, thery're always bugging me, asking how high I'm willing to go on a piece and it's kinda annoying. I actually hate haggling so much that when I got my car, I picked the ones that is a set price (the scions from toyota)! LOL

13. Definitely no discounts at T&Co., the only way you might get a tax break is if you're shipping something to a state where there is no Tiffany store. But they will not ship overseas.
    Have fun on your shopping trip!

14. You can get a VAT (value added tax) tax refund at the airport for items costing more than $100 or so. This is what i do when i buy expensive things overseas. Just keep your receipts and they should refund you all of the money you spent on tax.