discount at Cartier

I have never tried this at an actual Cartier boutique, but if you buy from an authorized retailer, you can often negotiate a discount on their watches... before I bought my Omega Constellation several years ago, I had thought of getting a Tank Francaise, and I was offered 15% off right off the bat when I was shopping.

I doubt you would be able to get a discount at the boutique... I think it's like with Chanel, where you can get it on sale at saks, but not at the boutique.

This is correct. When I was shopping for my newest Cartier, an authorized retailer immediately pulled out his calculator and gave me the discounted price. I didn't even have to ask.

I went back to the Cartier Boutique and asked for the same price and he was unable to give it to me, although he offered to lower the price somewhat... just not as much.

The Boutique will not negotiate until you have the money in hand such as justpassingby had (or a CC).

The Boutique did not give me the lowest price, so I ended up going to an authorized retailer.

I was offered a 20% discount at the Cartier counter at my local SFA. This was for a gold Tank Americaine with gold bracelet. I was more interested in something sporty and was offered 15% off steel tank francaise.

I have noticed some online sites offer about $1000 off the watches plus no tax and free shipping...should I buy from one of those instead? Seems like the best savings

Do you live near a Niemans? The Cartier shop in Neimans will discount 10% if you ask for it. I was told that their policy is not to offer it, but if a customer says the magic words "is this the best price you can give me?" or similar they can make the offer. From there ist's a hop skip and a jump to ask the boutique if they'll match the price Neimans is offering. I mentioned in a different thread that Neimans will refund money for a return and the boutiques only give a store credit. In my life this is almost as important as a discount. lol.

C.

I am really intrigued by the idea that Cartier offers a discount to those who ask. I am really wanting a cartier love ring in the narrower width--sells for about $675. Do you think they'd offer a discount for this or is it just too inexpensive for them to bother? Those who shop at Cartier, please let me know your opinion. Thanks!

I am really intrigued by the idea that Cartier offers a discount to those who ask. I am really wanting a cartier love ring in the narrower width--sells for about $675. Do you think they'd offer a discount for this or is it just too inexpensive for them to bother? Those who shop at Cartier, please let me know your opinion. Thanks!

Call Neiman's in Houston 713 621-7000 , ask for the Cartier Boutique. (There are a couple other NMs that have Cartier stores in them, too.) Ask for the manager (Cheryl, Sherry, Janet??, can't remember her name :shame: ) Tell her you want her best price, and order it over the phone. If there's no Nieman's in your state you can even bypass the sales tax. More savings. :yahoo:

beer budget CHAMPAIGN taste

Call Neiman's in Houston 713 621-7000 , ask for the Cartier Boutique. (There are a couple other NMs that have Cartier stores in them, too.) Ask for the manager (Cheryl, Sherry, Janet??, can't remember her name :shame: ) Tell her you want her best price, and order it over the phone. If there's no Nieman's in your state you can even bypass the sales tax. More savings. :yahoo:

beer budget CHAMPAIGN taste

Good idea! Do you think I would save more by buying from Neiman's this way then buying on an online site?

Good idea! Do you think I would save more by buying from Neiman's this way then buying on an online site?

Cartier's, like Tiffany or LV, doesn't sell on any online site that I know of, (and believe me I looked), except maybe their own... For that matter, I don't think one can order theirjewelry from NM-Online, the Cartier shop in Neiman's belongs to Cartier, but they comply with Neiman's policies, including by the way, Neiman's credit card. :rolleyes:

Having said all this, I have gone to estate shops and/or used Ebay to get some great bargains, and happily most jewelry can be polished up to look like new. Let me know how it all works out for you.

Champaign