Discontinued styles - is there a demand for them?

chodessa

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
O.G.
Dec 30, 2006
I am dusting off my LV collection and came to realize that some of my bags have been discontinued.:confused1:
Question for the LV experts, are these styles (ie: my orange Epi Dhanura) now worth significantly less than styles that are still being made?
I can't believe how much I paid for the Dhanura at the time, used it maybe twice and now it's no longer available.:wtf:
Does the fact that it's been discontinued make it a collector's item or just a depreciating non-current style?
Thanks for your opinion!!:smile:

I think it really depends on the style...Some DC'd items gain in attention and demand a great price.

I don't really think the Epi Dhanura was a big hit, although having it in the orange color, which is MORE unique, might get you a little bit more. I have watched some on FleaBay recently and they usually only get $500-$600...

I think it really depends on the style...Some DC'd items gain in attention and demand a great price.

I don't really think the Epi Dhanura was a big hit, although having it in the orange color, which is MORE unique, might get you a little bit more. I have watched some on FleaBay recently and they usually only get $500-$600...

ITA! If you had the Mandarin Speedy which is highly sought after then it would be a different story. So it really depends on style as well as color.

yeah it depends... if LE then it does still worth the price you bought...
I guess the orange Epi Dhanura is going about 600-700 range on *bay

Speedys dont depreciate as much because its like lvs signature bag

I think it depends on the style. In my opinion, any luxury item that is D/C can fetch a pretty penny...oh, what I would pay for the Epi Noctambule right now.

Anyone remember this one?

Attachments

• DSCN0617%20copy.jpg
    DSCN0617%20copy.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 70
I think it depends on the style. In my opinion, any luxury item that is D/C can fetch a pretty penny...oh, what I would pay for the Epi Noctambule right now.

Anyone remember this one?

Sewon,

YOU stole my heart!! I have Noctambule in black, vanilla, lilac, and mocha. The last 3 have handles to die for. instead of the solid look if the black one, they have a "swirl" color effect. those are the bags i would grab if my house were on fire!!!

It not only depends on the bag, color and style - but all you need is one buyer who really wants it. So, price you get depends on who finds your ad.

I just got my hands on a denim Baggy GM Fuschia in brand new condition. It's discontinued, but I love the color and style. I plan on wearing it all the time. I think discontinued may be even better because not many people will be running around with it, so I look for items like that.

But think really hard before you sell anything. It may be hard to get back if you change your mind later.