Discolored hardware - I never thought this would happen, but it did>

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
I noticed today that the zipper pull and runner on my bolide bag (palladium) is discolored. Parts of it have turned yellow. I mean, like brass yellow. I was actually kind of surprised since the bag is only about a year old, and I have a couple of birkin bags with PH that are 5-6 years old, where no discoloration of hardware at all. So I called my SA to ask if this could be fixed and she said, sure bring it in. No word yet as to whether they are going to replace or replate or whatever. Either way, I assume its going to cost a bundle. Oh well. I am not worried or upset - just a little surprised that this occurred. Anyone else had this happen?

None of my bags' PHW has discoloured but I am very sure discolouration can happen in humid surroundings. I'd recently asked my manager about it and she confirmed it happens.

I noticed today that the zipper pull and runner on my bolide bag (palladium) is discolored. Parts of it have turned yellow. I mean, like brass yellow. I was actually kind of surprised since the bag is only about a year old, and I have a couple of birkin bags with PH that are 5-6 years old, where no discoloration of hardware at all. So I called my SA to ask if this could be fixed and she said, sure bring it in. No word yet as to whether they are going to replace or replate or whatever. Either way, I assume its going to cost a bundle. Oh well. I am not worried or upset - just a little surprised that this occurred. Anyone else had this happen?

that is atrocious! i did have a bag with PHW turn black at the edges.......looked like classic tarnish. they wont admit it but i think they have ongoing problems with the PHW

...and the great thing is that with Hermes, if this happens they say..."bring it in"....with most other brands, way less expensive and non handmade, it's....."too bad!!"

Here's the latest: I took it to the store. They are going to replace the zipper pull, which is where the discoloration occurred. Claude said, it happens all the time and is readily fixable. Whew.