discoloration on older grafica bags

Oct 13, 2013
hello all, and am hoping someone can help..recently acquired...thanks,cous,--an older dooney tartan grafica bag. the bag has yellow in the tartan, and it apps. to have bled into the white background of the bag. i know that some of the old "it" bags were prone to discoloration, and never read of any cure for that.

would anyone have any ideas or suggestions? or is this just the plastic yellowing? or??

thanks!!

hello all, and am hoping someone can help..recently acquired...thanks,cous,--an older dooney tartan grafica bag. the bag has yellow in the tartan, and it apps. to have bled into the white background of the bag. i know that some of the old "it" bags were prone to discoloration, and never read of any cure for that.

would anyone have any ideas or suggestions? or is this just the plastic yellowing? or??

thanks!!

I had an old "it" bag and wallet in white and it started yellowing loooooong time ago. I think over time, it's going to happen. Both yellowing and lifting. I've seen it on lots of bags.

Someone else may have a different experience or solution but I didn't find anything that would help with the yellowing. 😔

I have had yellowing on older Grafica handbags & accessories with white or light backgrounds too. :nogood: Supposedly the newer patterns have been processed differently so that it doesn't happen. I haven't purchased any so don't know whether or not this is true.

The yellowing that upset me the most was on my Scottie wristlet. I stored the wristlet out of the light and fully protected. When I checked on it a while ago, it was completely yellowed where it should be white! :cry:

There is no "fix" that I know of for this....except to trade the item in on something else. I won't be parting with my Scottie wristlet but can no longer use it. So sad....

Sue