Books & Music Disco music!

Liz_x3

Jun 12, 2007
I'm making a playlist for a party and the theme is "disco" and the like so since I'm a little clueless about music from that era (besides that it's fun to dance too LOL!) could you give me some songs that were popular? Stuff from the 60's, 70's, and early 80's that was played in Studio 54 and other disco clubs (or is it discotheques?).

Thank you!

I've already downloaded "Get Down Tonight" and the music's so fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously. :nuts:

Oh, and I'm looking for this one song (I heard it on the 3rd episode of Sex: The Revolution) and I can't tell what words are being said but it sounded like just 2 words being said over and over again that kind of sounded something like "fly up" or "high up" or something around those lines. Ugh I suck at finding the names of songs.

September by Earth, Wind & Fire

Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb

Jive Talkin' and You Should Be Dancing by the Bee Gees

Boogie Oogie Oogie by A Taste of Honey

(Please don't add Stayin' Alive. That is so cliche.)

Try searching Amazon - I'm sure they must have a greatest hits of the 70's or something. They have lots of samples, so you can hear it as well. When you find an album, it will have related albums to browse too.

Oh, and I'm looking for this one song (I heard it on the 3rd episode of Sex: The Revolution) and I can't tell what words are being said but it sounded like just 2 words being said over and over again that kind of sounded something like "fly up" or "high up" or something around those lines. Ugh I suck at finding the names of songs.
Could it be "Fly, Robin, Fly" by the Silver Convention?

Some of my personal favorites from the disco era:

Get Up And Boogie (Silver Convention)]
Dancin' Machine (Jackson 5)
Boogie Nights (Heatwave)
Love Machine (Miracles)
I Feel Love (Donna Summer)

Pretty much anything by the Bee Gees, Earth, Wind and Fire, and Donna Summer.

Got to be Real - Cheryl Lynn
We are Family - Sister Sledge

Redney, if you ever throw a party, invite me please! I looooove the songs you listed. And, I use any excuse to dress up.

LOL!!! Thanks, Cfred!! I sure will!!!

Scarily, these songs are on some of my iPod's "cardio" playlists! "You Should Be Dancin'" is great for the treadmill!! :lol:

LOL!!! Thanks, Cfred!! I sure will!!!

Scarily, these songs are on some of my iPod's "cardio" playlists! "You Should Be Dancin'" is great for the treadmill!! :lol:
I need to put some of these on my ipod. I run and realize I am listening to Deathcab or Aimee Mann...and they are not great to move to.:tdown: