Disappointing online order

Somersetlove

Dec 4, 2011
Sigh....

I ordered a Speedy B 25 in DE from LV online and it arrived in a real state:

Damaged LV box

Speedy in box (stuffed with air pillow) not in dust bag and no protection of any kind to stop it banging around

No protective plastic/cardboard around the handles or zipper

Tarnished lock and keys

Wrinkled leather on strap

I sent the bag straight back and emailed customer services. I can't believe I was sent such a poor item! Is this a common thing, or was I just unlucky?

I'm going into London on Friday so hope to try on a few bags and hopefully get one that is in excellent condition!

There isn't supposed to be any protective plastic left on. I've seen it here in photos, but I have ordered many items from the UK online store and never once had anything with the plastic left on. Not in store either. I think it's supposed to be removed by the staff before the customer sees it (blue sticky plastic doesn't have very much luxurious appeal, admittedly). The rest, however, is unacceptable. My last online order came in a damaged box and I've seen other instances of this too, but fortunately I've never had damaged goods. Have you opted to return altogether or are you awaiting an exchange?

My recent online purchase is alma bb vernis
I found hairs inside the bag
I return the bag immediately..:yucky:
waiting for my refund now

That is gross! Who is supposed to be checking these things! Sorry that happened to you :sad:

And people here wonder why some of us get so upset when someone posts saying they used the bag for a few days but now want to exchange it..
Then I buy a NEW bag I want it to be NEW!!

Sent the bag back express delivery, only to be told that they have to send it back to Paris, as it came from their warehouse. Customer Services tell me it could take 14 working days to refund, factoring in them sending it back to Paris, reviewing it etc. Grrr I had no idea it would take so long, or that the bag came from Paris in the first place! I want to make a trip to a store (over 2hrs away) to pick a replacement, but can't until the refund comes through.

This is the first time I've ordered a bag online from LV and returned it and I can't believe it takes so long! I have always bought from Mulberry in the past and although that brand has it's problems ATM, I've so far found their customer service to be way better than LV!

Online used to package everything really well and of late they've gotten super sloppy and things do arrive damaged. I had a charm come once completely scratched up. Online returns take forever and I've heard some horror stories about them not wanting to issue refunds (claiming the customer must have caused any issues vs things coming damaged) so I usually just bring it to my local store to return it. And I only go through online in the first place if there's no way to get it from one of my local stores as I always prefer to see the items in person first whenever possible