Disappointing LV experiences

pixien

Dec 24, 2015
Hi All,
I thought I would create a thread where we can share/vent about our not-so-great LV experiences...

Considering how much LV goods are worth I wish some SAs were a little... nicer? more sympathetic?

My most laughable LV experience was when the SA insisted that there were no more wallets in stock or on display...
from there she told me to "go home and look on the website to look instead". Safe to say I did not buy anything that day :oh:

I have been told they cannot help me find a date code cos it is confidential and why do i want to know ... even though I clearly purchased the wallet at that LV boutique....I just like to know. :sad:

I have been told they cannot help me find a date code cos it is confidential and why do i want to know ... even though I clearly purchased the wallet at that LV boutique....I just like to know. :sad:
That's the company's policy. The datecodes are not meant for the public to know.

Also, guys... I don't think we need this thread... 1/2 the threads are already about this subject.

I totally agree about not needing this thread. I have had only positive experiences with the LV boutiques I have visited. I live in the Northern VA, close to D.C. and there are many LV boutiques in the area. Most times I'm browsing, but have purchased on 4 occasions and from four different stores. Suffice to say, each experience has been extremely pleasant.

I think a person can like a product, yet vent about a bad experience.

Maybe, just maybe the negativity can be corralled into this thread. By doing this, others won't have to read the negativity on other threads. I personally don't like to shut people down, just because I don't want to read what they write, I just move along to another thread that interests me.

If I choose to read this thread, I'd find the posts to (probably) be experiential, not inciting. I still believe in the first amendment, here in the US of A.

I agree this thread is not needed. There is always another side to the story and without the person defending their side, it's really not fair. Every situation is different and handled differently.

Hi All,
I thought I would create a thread where we can share/vent about our not-so-great LV experiences...

Considering how much LV goods are worth I wish some SAs were a little... nicer? more sympathetic?

My most laughable LV experience was when the SA insisted that there were no more wallets in stock or on display...
from there she told me to "go home and look on the website to look instead". Safe to say I did not buy anything that day :oh:

Did you see any wallets on display? Its kind of hard to lie about items not being on display.

I personally think a forum is about the brand and the interest of that brand. We've all read good and bad experiences "mostly positive". However, I think it's ok to read or express bad experiences on this forum, as it may help others or others can simply relate etc.

I have only had good experiences so far with LV so not much to contribute to this thread. But I think it's OK to share negative experiences as long as it's controlled and not simply bashing a store or SA.

Hermes has a similar thread. Not just about negative experiences but treatments customers receive from stores in general. I find that thread helpful, especially for new people who want to dive into the Hermes world. May be this thread can do the same. Instead of just complaining about a store or SA, how about making it to share various experiences and possibles solutions we can have when we are in a certain situations.

I agree that this forum is for LV lovers but that doesn't mean we can only talk about the "good stuff". If there's a "problem" with a store, a SA, a product, or LV in general, I want to know about it and how others handle that "problem" to help myself avoid being in the same situation.

JMHO