Disappointed...

Khaleesicat

Jun 5, 2015
Is the Chanel boutique inside of Bloomingdales located in Costa Mesa good about returns? I'm a bit dissatisfied with my square mini, black lambskin, ghw flap I ordered from them. I ordered the bag on the 12th and received it around the 14th or 15th. I won't be able to ship it back to them until Monday and with the weather, I'm worried shipping could be delayed. It says I have 14 days on the receipt. But if shipping is delayed, it could put me out of the return window. I want to exchange it for a different bag. I have not carried it. Going to either exchange or get in store credit and wait for a mini in caviar. I'm going to call them tomorrow. Hopefully they are nice! I'm nervous that they are going to be rude...

Last edited:
I dont know about that location but Bloomingdale's always is accommodating when it comes to returns. Give it a try! Good luck!
I'm hoping they'll be accommodating. I wouldnt be so nervous if I was familiar with the store. I know sometimes SAs can get snobby about returns. But these bags are too expensive for me to settle for something that I'm not 100% happy with.

Costa Mesa Bloomies SAs are super nice. You should not have an issue with returns especially since it is still new. You'll get your refund back in the form of payment you used unless you ask otherwise. Sorry it didn't work out!

SA said they'd do the return but didn't really offer any other suggestions except refunding my money. I'd really rather just exchange for something else. All they have are patent and lambskin minis. Said they didn't order any caviar. I guess I'm going to have to call and see which minis they have available tomorrow and go from there...

They are very good about refund. Last time, I wasn't happy with the GST, and they refunded my money. They prefer exchange to refund btw.

That's what was so weird. The SA I bought it from wanted to refund me instead of exchange...I guess because I mentioned I might like caviar better and they don't have any. But I would have thought he'd try to get me to exchange it? Honestly, I'd rather exchange it. Less of a headache for me.

That's what was so weird. The SA I bought it from wanted to refund me instead of exchange...I guess because I mentioned I might like caviar better and they don't have any. But I would have thought he'd try to get me to exchange it? Honestly, I'd rather exchange it. Less of a headache for me.

I would prefer getting refund,then u can try other stores that might hv one. And also i feel good knowing that my $$ is with me, and not held with them 😊😊
Btw your sa is good then!!bcos if he insisted to keep his commission, he could offer exchange or store credit instead of refund!!

He simply doesn't have what you want. He can't let you exchange for something that he doesn't have or can foresee that he will have.
The current season of shipment is 16P and next season is 16S. There seems to be no mini flaps in caviar offered for 16P and 16S. For him to have a mini caviar, it would most probably be one that's from a previous season returned by a customer.

Getting a refund is much better anyway.

Last edited:
He simply doesn't have what you want. He can't let you exchange for something that he doesn't have or can foresee that he will have.
The current season of shipment is 16P and next season is 16S. There seems to be no mini flaps in caviar offered for 16P and 16S. For him to have a mini caviar, it would most probably be one that's from a previous season returned by a customer.

Getting a refund is much better anyway.

I did notice that they aren't offering any minis in caviar which really sucks. I'm not big on waiting and am super impatient. 😁

Is the Chanel boutique inside of Bloomingdales located in Costa Mesa good about returns? I'm a bit dissatisfied with my square mini, black lambskin, ghw flap I ordered from them. I ordered the bag on the 12th and received it around the 14th or 15th. I won't be able to ship it back to them until Monday and with the weather, I'm worried shipping could be delayed. It says I have 14 days on the receipt. But if shipping is delayed, it could put me out of the return window. I want to exchange it for a different bag. I have not carried it. Going to either exchange or get in store credit and wait for a mini in caviar. I'm going to call them tomorrow. Hopefully they are nice! I'm nervous that they are going to be rude...
I know how you feel and hope that bloomies will be great with your return.. Your satisfaction should be the most important thing.
I returned a Chanel Maxi to Neiman Marcus Merrick Park Miami Florida and the sales lady that was so very nice when I purchased it became a DEMON when I returned it.
She now works at Saks Dadeland mall and when she saw me she was so rude to me. Its sad because store policy gives the customer the right to return an unused item with tag and receipt and she apparently doesn't like that policy. As much as I adore Chanel that lady turned me off completely..

OP, I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Everyone is different. Never be afraid to "TELL" instead of ask. I sometimes feel that works better. Maybe the SA didn't want to seem pushy or sale hungry.

OMG- just realized this thread is super old! LOL

Reactions: mmaya
OP, I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Everyone is different. Never be afraid to "TELL" instead of ask. I sometimes feel that works better. Maybe the SA didn't want to seem pushy or sale hungry.

OMG- just realized this thread is super old! LOL

:lol: me too!! i was just about to comment then realized it's from july. i remember this thread now!!! lol wonder what happened to OP??? she was quite active on there for awhile.

Reactions: pmoua