Disappointed with quality

Jan 3, 2013
I'm very disappointed with the quality of Lady Dior laser cut from fall 2015. I'm uploading photos. What do you advice me to do. I'm really sad because the bag costs so much and this is how it becomes after 5 months. I dont want to imagine how its going to look after 3 months.

Attachments

• 1446904176593.jpg
    1446904176593.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,543
  • 1446904205318.jpg
    1446904205318.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,516
  • 1446904220241.jpg
    1446904220241.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,497
  • 1446904333748.jpg
    1446904333748.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,495
  • 1446904351340.jpg
    1446904351340.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,510

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
I don't think that this is a quality issue. It's more of a durability issue. All of the wear and tear is happening around the places that you would expect, like the corners, opening, and handles.

Dior can repair/replace quality defects, but this is just wear and tear and they probably won't replace the bag for you (I don't know if they can repair the leather either, as it is similar to patent leather).

The finish on the leather is not very durable (as are most other metallics) and can easily show wear and tear.

Reactions: Bee-licious

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012
I don't think that this is a quality issue. It's more of a durability issue. All of the wear and tear is happening around the places that you would expect, like the corners, opening, and handles.

Dior can repair/replace quality defects, but this is just wear and tear and they probably won't replace the bag for you (I don't know if they can repair the leather either, as it is similar to patent leather).

The finish on the leather is not very durable (as are most other metallics) and can easily show wear and tear.

Agree. Quite honestly I've never had any handbag of mine become looking like that. Lots of people say they're so careful with their bags but if I put my bags next to theirs, anyone would see a difference. Not saying you wernt careful and that itself is subjective. However averagejoe does have a point regarding all the more usuals wear and tear places.

Jan 3, 2013

By the way, quality doesn't necessarily equate durability. Some of the most expensive and high-quality leathers in the world (like python) is delicate and can easily show wear.

That's why sometimes a mass market leather bag with tough leather can last a lot longer than a designer bag that costs much more.
It's not a situation when a lambskin leather bag has lots of scratches. Which i have on my other LD bag and I find it ok. Here the finish is coming of. The corners of bag are like peeling of. It's not a scratch or color transfer. Or it didnt appear after 2 years. The corners of my 2.5 years old Diorissimo are peeled of. And i find it ok too. I'm paying money for design and the quality. If the house can not make sure that the leather is durable enough and will not come off after half a year they should not release the bag no matter how awesome the design is.

Dont get it me wrong but I'm not paying 4K$ for 5 months.

Agree. Quite honestly I've never had any handbag of mine become looking like that. Lots of people say they're so careful with their bags but if I put my bags next to theirs, anyone would see a difference. Not saying you wernt careful and that itself is subjective. However averagejoe does have a point regarding all the more usuals wear and tear places.
I try to be carefull but i'm not babysitting my bags. I buy them to use and enjoy.

smudleybear

Feb 19, 2014
I'm very disappointed with the quality of Lady Dior laser cut from fall 2015. I'm uploading photos. What do you advice me to do. I'm really sad because the bag costs so much and this is how it becomes after 5 months. I dont want to imagine how its going to look after 3 months.
This is part of wear & tear as AJ said, I guess it's not about quality issue, it's about how durable is this metallic leather on the bag. I feel for you though, so sorry. The reason why I didn't not consider this metallic finish LD is because I feel it's like an aluminium can and will show rust one day :sad: easily.

cocolv

Sep 4, 2015
By the way, quality doesn't necessarily equate durability. Some of the most expensive and high-quality leathers in the world (like python) is delicate and can easily show wear.

That's why sometimes a mass market leather bag with tough leather can last a lot longer than a designer bag that costs much more.

I think you should rename yourself "above average joe". You make a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanations as it makes us take more things into consideration when assessing our bags (no judgement on the original post [emoji111]🏻️just liked joes info).

Reactions: celine666666

smudleybear

Feb 19, 2014

I agree...because I had a COACH bag for 3 years with no babying but abuse and I'm suprised not a single wear and tear. Makes me wonder why spent so much on designer bags:thinking: but we still do anyway.

Ashley66

Oct 17, 2015
My SA said this metallic calf leather is by far one of the most durable leather for LD. You remember the previous gradient lady has quality issue and the SA suggested me to go with this. I am wandering how can this show rust like the real metal?

This is part of wear & tear as AJ said, I guess it's not about quality issue, it's about how durable is this metallic leather on the bag. I feel for you though, so sorry. The reason why I didn't not consider this metallic finish LD is because I feel it's like an aluminium can and will show rust one day :sad: easily.

Reactions: red.white.black

smudleybear

Feb 19, 2014
My SA said this metallic calf leather is by far one of the most durable leather for LD. You remember the previous gradient lady has quality issue and the SA suggested me to go with this. I am wandering how can this show rust like the real metal?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this metallic LD gets rust like a metal. It's just an impression like a rusty metal on corners. All leathers will wear, maybe this metallic finish show wear much more easier and faster than lambskin or patent because it's a metallic coating. I've seen corners on the metallic dioramas rubbed off too when it's just on display. Did you end up keeping your 2nd gradient LD? I doubt Dior will do anything on wear & tear, definitely not a refund!

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012

Well said [emoji106]

Ashley66

Oct 17, 2015
Sorry for misinterpreting. My SA said it has quality issue and it's better for me to return it. So sad since I really enjoy that unique color. Besides cracking, the problem for that bag is the thin transparent coat on the surface peeling of along the edge.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this metallic LD gets rust like a metal. It's just an impression like a rusty metal on corners. All leathers will wear, maybe this metallic finish show wear much more easier and faster than lambskin or patent because it's a metallic coating. I've seen corners on the metallic dioramas rubbed off too when it's just on display. Did you end up keeping your 2nd gradient LD? I doubt Dior will do anything on wear & tear, definitely not a refund!