Disappointed With LV Customer Service

Dmurphy1

Jan 14, 2015
I spoke to LV customer service today, with a manager of 8 years she claimed. I inquired about the 8 week time frame for the My World Tour bags. She actually told me it's because the patches are hand painted on the bags. I told her absolutely not hand painted and she insisted they were and proceeded to argue with me about it. I expected far more and am extremely disappointed with being told a flat out lie. Has anyone experienced anything similar ?

Reactions: _vee
I spoke to LV customer service today, with a manager of 8 years she claimed. I inquired about the 8 week time frame for the My World Tour bags. She actually told me it's because the patches are hand painted on the bags. I told her absolutely not hand painted and she insisted they were and proceeded to argue with me about it. I expected far more and am extremely disappointed with being told a flat out lie. Has anyone experienced anything similar ?
MWT personalization is printed from what I know. I have the MWT Alma bb and doesn't look like hand painted for sure. 8 weeks time frame for MWT is normal, same for my heritage pieces as they personalized and made to order. Some here reported they got theirs slightly earlier, I suppose depends on the season and order volumes. I got mine slightly earlier than expected too.

Reactions: _vee and Dmurphy1
The waiting time for my Alma MWT was 7 weeks , and they told me 8 weeks which is the standard waiting time. Definitely not hand painted as those are stickers that we chose while ordering the bag.
The issue was not the wait time for me. The issue is their customer service "managers" clearly have no information on the products. I find this unacceptable.

Hmm, you have to understand this when you step into the stores - we enlarge and scrutinize every pixel of the bag when we view the pictures and we go over the descriptions and words they published on their website because this is our passion!

However, for the bulk of the CAs or even managers, it’s a job. You’d blame it on their wide collections and it’s impossible for one to remember everything. It’s not like we would memorize our employee’s handbook and quote them when we are just doing a job, right? When I go to the stores with a mindset like this, I feel happier. No need to argue over was it screen-printed, laser printed or hand-painted. Just throw in as many extras as you can while you wrap that up for me, will ya?

Passion and job may overlap but not a high probability. I just need a kind CA who helps me get what I want. Not everybody is knowledgeable in their product knowledge, but at least they can give you the advice to take care of it.

Hmm, you have to understand this when you step into the stores - we enlarge and scrutinize every pixel of the bag when we view the pictures and we go over the descriptions and words they published on their website because this is our passion!

However, for the bulk of the CAs or even managers, it’s a job. You’d blame it on their wide collections and it’s impossible for one to remember everything. It’s not like we would memorize our employee’s handbook and quote them when we are just doing a job, right? When I go to the stores with a mindset like this, I feel happier. No need to argue over was it screen-printed, laser printed or hand-painted. Just throw in as many extras as you can while you wrap that up for me, will ya?

Passion and job may overlap but not a high probability. I just need a kind CA who helps me get what I want. Not everybody is knowledgeable in their product knowledge, but at least they can give you the advice to take care of it.
Well said.

There’s probably a good chance that their client services support is outsourced. The people who answer the phones probably don’t have a great deal of knowledge of the products. As another poster said, it’s just a job and the majority of them are probably not passionate about LV. It doesn’t excuse giving out incorrect information, but they’ve probably received inadequate training. Sad but true.

There’s probably a good chance that their client services support is outsourced. The people who answer the phones probably don’t have a great deal of knowledge of the products. As another poster said, it’s just a job and the majority of them are probably not passionate about LV. It doesn’t excuse giving out incorrect information, but they’ve probably received inadequate training. Sad but true.
I'm sure you are right about that. I guess it's really my mistake to expect top notch customer service from LV.

Reactions: slayer
I echo what others have said. There is a new LV store opening soon near me and there were job postings for all positions on several websites (glass ceiling, LinkedIn, etc.). The salary range for CAs was something like $25-32/hour (plus benefits). I’m sure it’s higher for the more experienced CAs and managers are salaried, but that’s probably the range these days for a lot of retail jobs (at least in California) so for a lot of CAs it’s probably just another job and not a passion.

• Wow
Reactions: bagsamplified
I'm sure you are right about that. I guess it's really my mistake to expect top notch customer service from LV.
Totally agree with you that it’s disappointing, but unfortunately I’ve somewhat come to expect very limited customer service. Some of the LV SAs who’ve helped me in store have been fantastic, but in general — particularly when calling a number like LV’s client services — it’s usually underwhelming to say the least!

Totally agree with you that it’s disappointing, but unfortunately I’ve somewhat come to expect very limited customer service. Some of the LV SAs who’ve helped me in store have been fantastic, but in general — particularly when calling a number like LV’s client services — it’s usually underwhelming to say the least!
I expect limited customer service everywhere, sadly. As far as knowledge, I’ve spoken to my local SA about the known Turtledove Neverfull yellowing issue and she had no idea what I was talking about. She’s a lovely girl and a great customer service person but I feel like I know more than she does about some things.

:goodpost:

Reactions: ChampagneandChakras
I once rang customer service years ago ( before LV had online ordering) to enquire about a new LV bag pictured in a multiple page LV advertising spread in Vogue. I had the name and the price but they just kept telling me ‘ a lot of those bags you see in magazines are not authentic!”. But it was LV’s own paid for advertising spread . I bet the company would be thrilled to know the small fortune they spent on advertising was explained to customers as ‘fake bags”.