Disappointed with Idylle fuscain

ttshchanel

Dec 25, 2012
Hi all,

I knew that aft writing this post, many idylle fuscain's fans will have dampened mood.

First to start off, I bought about 8 LV bags since last year's apr till now. One of them was Idylle fuscain Rhapsodie. I was totally thrilled wif the dark brown cos I knew it will be less obvious if it got stained than other idylle colors.

However, out of my horror, I realised my Idylle fuscain Rhapsodie's discoloration and fading to a much lighter brown after using it for abt half a yr. It was my most favourite bag out of all and a everyday bag for me cos it's a handsfree bag.

And later did I oso noticed other LV idylle fuscain bags carried on the street oso had the same problem as mine.....fading and discolored brown.....

THis is so agonising and unfair as we had paid such high price for these fabric bag, my rhapsodie idylle fuscain cost me S$1770. It is really not worth the price to get such inferior fabric bag.

I always tot LV bag is one of the best quality bags that can last n last for years.....like my fren's mum had passed on a canvas monogram speedy to her, aft using 10yrs...

I m utterly disappointed wif my rhapsodie idylle fuscain. N now tinking of making a complain to LV boutique....or what do u all suggest? I still retained the original LV receipts.

And I hereby strongly discourage buying any idylle bags. And I do see many here oso faced the same prob as me and complaining abt it....aft using it for more than half yr on a daily basis....

It is really not worth the $ for any idylle fuscain bags...I wld rather buy LV canvas or fully leathered bags. IMHO

Oh no! This is one reason why I can't bring myself to fork over too much for a fabric LV piece ... I am sorry to hear about your troubles :sad: I think the coated canvas pieces are much better longevity-wise.

Maybe the bag could still be under some type of warranty since it hasn't been a whole year as of yet?

Thanks so much for the warning. The SA said they improved the fabric recently. I would definitely take it back but find a good SA before trying, some ate good and will help you. I don't think they have a standard policy about returns, I wish a former SA would join this forum!

How disappointing to hear! I was seriously considering a Speedy in Idylle Fusain! Maybe I'd better rethink that. Your bag is still under warranty since its less than a year old, but just watch the SA's tell you it's "wear and tear" or "user abuse" or some nonsense like that, and do nothing about it. I can just see it now. That sucks!

thanks for sharing! i had my eye on the upcoming LV summer collection, the red mini lin noe ( not very sure what it's called but it's in red fabric). think i will skip it :sad:

please do go to the store and make your case know to them. hope they will replace the bag for you and please update us. thanks!

This is the reason I have not purchased this bag..... While I love it so very much and have tried it on several times in store...this has always been my concern

I'm sorry to hear that you have issues with your bag. I have a Speedy in Idylle Fusain for 3 years and it is still in good condition. I store my bag in the dustbag when I am not using it. I do carry it under the rain and the raindrops just sit on the fabric. I wipe off immediately if possible. I try not to expose it to direct sunlight for long (e.g. when I'm driving, outdoor dining, etc.). I brought it with me when we went overseas holidays a couple of times. Because I just want to enjoy my holidays, I did not bother to baby it as much as I did at home.

I have attached a photo of its current condition :smile:

SpeedyIdylleFusain.JPG

How disappointing !!! That's why I never
look on idylle line for that reason !!! I hope
U can find a solution or .. LV can help u out !
Like you said .. You spent $1770 for a bag
that is only 1 and half years of using ! That
is sad and very disappointing ! Good luck
and crossed fingers and I hope LV will
replace or at least do something about it !!

I'm sorry to hear that you have issues with your bag. I have a Speedy in Idylle Fusain for 3 years and it is still in good condition. I store my bag in the dustbag when I am not using it. I do carry it under the rain and the raindrops just sit on the fabric. I wipe off immediately if possible. I try not to expose it to direct sunlight for long (e.g. when I'm driving, outdoor dining, etc.). I brought it with me when we went overseas holidays a couple of times. Because I just want to enjoy my holidays, I did not bother to baby it as much as I did at home.

I have attached a photo of its current condition :smile:

View attachment 2025544

wow, it looks brand new after 3 years!!

ya, i store all my bags in dustbags when not in use too. other than that, i don't really baby my bags either.

This is the photo I jus taken....

Initially it was such a beautiful intense dark brown. contrasting the LV logo. Now it was a unevenly fading light brown....making my heart so pain.....

Attachments

• IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    509.1 KB · Views: 1,217