Disappointed with Coach's customer service from SA's

May 22, 2007
So I went in today to exchange or reorder the wallet I just got on Friday that wasn't up to what I expected the quality to be. My original post here Decisions..decisions...I cannot decide..Help me. I was skeptical about even trying and I was proved right. I didn't go to the boutique I ordered it from because I was at another mall today w/family. Anyway the SA basically looked at me like I was crazy. I told her to me it shouldn't look like that for a brand new wallet. She went over to a couple other SA's towards the back, spoke to them for a few and was looking at another wallet just like mine they had there in the store. Anyway she came back to me with a wallet and to me it was worse than mine cause the front & inside had scratches. The creases weren't as bad but the scratches were the killer. I asked if she could order one for me and she basically said no cause they had one there that I could exchange it for. Another male SA tried to tell me it was how the leather was and that nothing was wrong with it & I could condition it if it bothered me. I thought to myself why would I want to do that to a brand new wallet that should of come to me perfect. Right? Or am I just being ridiculous about it?? Then the SA told me to make sure to hold on to my receipt in case I decided to exchange it. WTF? That was what I was trying to do. I was so discouraged I just left. This is why I don't like this boutique. I feel the SAs there are very "snotty". So now I either just live with it or try another one. Maybe I should just return it and make them refund me since they aren't willing to help me. I feel CS at Coach is going down hill, from my experience and what I have read from other members on here. Had this been Nordstroms they would have exchanged it in a heart beat no questions asked.

I bought that same wallet in blue and exchanged it for another because of a weird crease. For that price it should be PERFECT. They did it for me because I stressed it should be perfect. Well after awhile I decided I wasn't even blown away by the wallet.. maybe if it was $50 but they are not worth it when they have all these defects!

Absolute BS. Go back to where you purchased it, tell them you are not at all happy with the wallet and request an exchange for another. Do not take crap from them - Coach wallets are $$ - you should not have to settle.

Honestly, if it were me and I felt dissatisfied with the service you received I would speak to a store manager immediately. I would explain the situation and your feelings *exactly* as you did here and how if you want to exchange and re-order a wallet 15 times until you are happy with one, then as the customer you are well within your rights to do so. Additionally, the SA that told you they could not order you one because they had one in stock in the store, well shes full of CRAP. Rarely do I ever go home with an item from the stores because I am very picky and also because a lot of the time I order things they don't carry. If an SA told me that they could not order one because they had one in the store I would politely say to them "If you would kindly have your manager come over and explain that policy to me in more detail, I would appreciate it".

They shouldn't have given you excuses instead of honoring your request to exchange the wallet for another. Leather is natural and some skins have more creases & texture than others. It's an individual interpretation how smooth you want it to be. But bottom line, as the customer YOU have to L:heart:ve what you're spending your money on.

I'm not suggesting that you argue with anyone, but you have to stand your ground. You're an adult, and you know what you like. You should have just stated your exchange request again, perhaps to the manager, to have your transaction handled. There's no way that I would have left the boutique, perhaps feeling intimidated. Now you have to go to another location to be serviced. That's crap, and you shouldn't allow that to happen at COACH or anywhere else for that matter!

I hope you can find the wallet, in the condition that you expect, so you can enjoy what should have been a pleasant experience.

I have several of the leather Hamptons Slim Wallets and each one has a different texture. After selecting my first one and seeing just how different they can be, I made sure that the others were purchased in person, so I could be sure that I was buying what I wanted.

Good Luck, the Berry is a gorgeous color!

Honestly, if it were me and I felt dissatisfied with the service you received I would speak to a store manager immediately. I would explain the situation and your feelings *exactly* as you did here and how if you want to exchange and re-order a wallet 15 times until you are happy with one, then as the customer you are well within your rights to do so. Additionally, the SA that told you they could not order you one because they had one in stock in the store, well shes full of CRAP. Rarely do I ever go home with an item from the stores because I am very picky and also because a lot of the time I order things they don't carry. If an SA told me that they could not order one because they had one in the store I would politely say to them "If you would kindly have your manager come over and explain that policy to me in more detail, I would appreciate it".
EXACTLY!

I came back after I'd written my response, and I totally agree with you!

I need to grow a backbone. Really I do. I'm just going to go to the boutique I have been buying from the past several times and ask them to do the exchange. They don't have it in stock so I know it will be ordered.

you should make sure it's what you want before purchasing, I always make it a point to show the customer the item before I or the cashier rings it up. I have no idea what the second store's problem is but the leather for those wallets are a bit easier to get scratched..still doesn't excuse attitude

you should make sure it's what you want before purchasing, I always make it a point to show the customer the item before I or the cashier rings it up. I have no idea what the second store's problem is but the leather for those wallets are a bit easier to get scratched..still doesn't excuse attitude

I had to order it from JAX cause the boutique I was at for PCE didn't have it so there was no way I could have inspected it or I would of. Yes I know the leather scratches but I wasn't complaining about that, it's the inside creases that has me bothered.

Maybe I should just order off the website and then when it arrives choose the one that is better and return the other one. It will cost me more in gas to drive to a boutique again since my SUV is a gas hog. :s

Maybe I should just order off the website and then when it arrives choose the one that is better and return the other one. It will cost me more in gas to drive to a boutique again since my SUV is a gas hog. :s
I tend to do just that, since I don't know if the 2nd one that I will receive will be better or worse. Then I return using the most expensive receipt.

Good Luck, Girl!:tup: