Disappointed w/ new Tivoli PM!!!

Well, I am still waiting. The Phoenix store never called back, so I called them and was told that I really needed to send mine BACK before they could send another one out to my local boutique. I let them know that would negate the idea of being able to compare Tivolis as there have been issues with the red glazing. I am supposed to hear back from them tomorrow.

On the other hand, I called my local boutique just to check up on things there, and was told that even though I was originally at the bottom of the wait list, I was, apparently, moved to the top. That, at least, is good news. The SA even took my number down (again) just to make sure and said she should be able to call me in a week and a half.

Dum-dee-dum...just looks like more waiting for me...

Okay. I have finally gotten the call from my store today. I went in without knowing what to expect. More nervous than anything else. I was helped by a different SA who is also very nice. He showed me the brand new Tivoli PM they just got. I was very excited in the beginning because I saw that it has all of the plastic covering on the bag. The dust bag is even sealed with tape. The bag is new but it also has the same glaze problem by the zipper. It actually looked even worse than my original one after careful comparison. I was very dissapointed but did not want to bring back another flawed Tivoli. My sister asked them to show me the Palermo PM, which was to my surprise, sitting right in front of me on the wall. I did a very thorough inspection for both bags and knew right away that I should switch mine with the Palermo PM. The quality seem much better on Palermo, e.g. glaze and pleats. The lining also has the glitter effect in mine. Although it is made in USA. I really just wanted a good quality bag, doesn't really care where it is made. I am very happy with it. Of course I paid a little more for Palermo, but it is the right choice for me. So I finally said good bye to my Tivoli... I hope it finds another good home...:crybaby:

Aww...so sorry you didn't end up with a Tivoli but if it was flawed you made a good choice not to keep it! Enjoy your Palermo, that was the style a lot of people were choosing here over the Tivoli!

Hi! After a lot of work and two stores having to go back and forth with each other, I am going to get to exchange my Tivoli, tonight! I really hope this time it is perfect. I'll update you in a matter of hours! Wish me luck!

I am shocked that there would even be quality problems with LV. Normal good expensive bags don't have these problems so we should really not expect this from LV right?

I agree with blue-diva. I'm gearing up for my first LV purchase and went to the website to narrow down the options. The Tivoli PM jumped out at me and it's all I've been thinking about for weeks. Now I'm scared to even get one!!

If I'm going to spend $1000 on a bag I want it to be made well! I don't want to lose my respect and admiration for LV, or change my mind all together about getting one in the first place (I've always wanted one).

Until this thread came along I (naively?) thought all LV's were perfect, except maybe with the rare exception, but with all the horror stories of poor craftsmanship I'm concerned about making such a big investment and having it be a waste of time and money.

I don't want to be disappointed with LV!! :s Someone help reassure me they're worth it!

:yahoo:YAAAAAAAY! My new, well-glazed Tivoli PM is home! It is definitely way better than the first one I had, and really no "spongey" parts. The zipper pull was still wrapped in plastic and I checked the date code: VI0038! She is basically a baby! Not even a full couple weeks old, born in France.

Oh, I so wanted to take pictures but the battery died (of course) so I will post tomorrow, since that is when my heart is coming in anyway.

Thanks for all your support, guys! I hope anyone who adores this bag finds their perfect one! It CAN happen!:wlae:

Chocograce, I am truly happy for you!!! A new born perfect baby! Take care of her and I hope you have a wonderful time with her. Soon we'll have to talk about accessories for her.:yes:

JulieBugg2000 - I know how you feel. All I can say is check the piece carefully, make sure its perfect before you get it. With all these mails, you know what to be looking out for. Good luck!

:yahoo:YAAAAAAAY! My new, well-glazed Tivoli PM is home! It is definitely way better than the first one I had, and really no "spongey" parts. The zipper pull was still wrapped in plastic and I checked the date code: VI0038! She is basically a baby! Not even a full couple weeks old, born in France.

Oh, I so wanted to take pictures but the battery died (of course) so I will post tomorrow, since that is when my heart is coming in anyway.

Thanks for all your support, guys! I hope anyone who adores this bag finds their perfect one! It CAN happen!:wlae:
Congratulations! I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!:tup:

Congrats Chocograce!! I am so happy that you have found the perfect one after all the waiting. I am so jealous right now. It IS a really nice bag. I think now you will only cherish it so much more after all of the searching and waiting. I really hope that LV will continue to make more of these improved versions of Tivoli PM for all of Tivoli fans who are looking to buy this bag. Even though I returned mine, just like potato, we still are in love with this bag.

JulieBugg, even though it didn't work out for some of us, doesn't mean that you won't be able to find the perfect one. I think LV might be making new batches now because of the high demand. Chocograce just got one that is newly made. These are probably made with better quality I assume, my Palermo is also newly made in Jan 2008. It is made perfectly. Don't be afraid and best of luck!